Nickelodeon: How It's Changed - Comments

  • watchthesunset20

    watchthesunset20 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Sweden
    last comment.
    (as you can see i really miss the good 'ol days)

    [i]Little Bear[/i] was my favorite! I loved Mama and Papa bear! the Duck used to get on my nerves a little but nevermind that.
    October 18th, 2009 at 10:26pm
  • watchthesunset20

    watchthesunset20 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Sweden
    I don't fucking get Yo Gabba Gabba. Its like seriously; just get off TV.

    Oh my. i don't get why people hate spongebob (i'm a fan). but i do miss As told my Ginger, Rugrats (when they were still toddlers) ohhh. i used to watch Doug!
    And have you noticed that nowadays; cartoons on Nickelodeon have some sexual innuendo? ...and they say its a kid's channel..hmm...

    Anyways i agree with that you said mostly in the article. :)

    PS- omg Dora the retardo Explorer pisses the heck out of me.
    October 18th, 2009 at 10:24pm
  • lions

    lions (265)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Luxembourg
    You are so right! Sponge Bob had always annoyed me! I miss the rugrats, that was a worthwhile show!
    October 7th, 2009 at 05:24am
  • starbella

    starbella (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    just a thought (i want the old nick) but if they never put a "new nick" we probably would all want one and we would be the ones saying"get some new shows!!!' So it may be hard to have a per fect channel but they could keep some old shows!
    September 26th, 2009 at 05:29am
  • EggyWegg

    EggyWegg (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Dude, I miss Nickelodeon being amazing...Little Bear was my life until I was 6, then it was Hey Arnold. All those shows were great, though, too bad about what's happened to the channel.
    September 25th, 2009 at 02:23am
  • maj10101

    maj10101 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I miss all the old shows
    September 16th, 2009 at 04:58am
  • melancholy.

    melancholy. (305)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I agree completely. I miss As Told By Ginger and the Rugrats so much. I grew up with these shows and without them I wouldn't be who I am. I actually feel bad for the kids who have to grow with the crap they put on now.
    I mean, Penguins of Madagascar, really?
    September 15th, 2009 at 03:24am
  • AnUndefinedRomance

    AnUndefinedRomance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    Agreed, agreed, agreed!
    I miss As Told By Ginger, Rugrats and The Amanda Show. Keenan and Cal (sp?) were funny, too.
    It's too bad that they changed everything..
    September 15th, 2009 at 01:19am
  • yesvirginia

    yesvirginia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with the article. As you lay it out, the descent of Nick is really obvious and sad.

    I miss Doug and Hey Arnold!
    September 14th, 2009 at 12:02am
  • BookAndWriterAddict

    BookAndWriterAddict (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    They need to prink the old Nick back! Their shows suck now!
    September 7th, 2009 at 03:17pm
  • KeepThePeace

    KeepThePeace (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i miss the old nickelodeon. :(
    it was the greatest mannn.

    and i agreee, these new shows are crap
    my brother is in love with them
    and i think they are just draining any chance he may have to become an intelligent human being.
    its ridiculous.
    September 5th, 2009 at 02:40am
  • oynixfalls

    oynixfalls (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    39
    Location:
    United States
    the only live tv i used to watch on NIckelodeon was Snick. Night time Nick., Round house, All that. the adventures Of Pete and Pete & finally the last show to air at night on Nick?Snick befor it became Nick at Night was Are You Afraid of The Dark? and sometimes when the lineup was changed they added Kenan and Kel.
    September 2nd, 2009 at 09:20pm
  • twateye

    twateye (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I loved Hey Arnold! (L).
    And I loved this article, I could not agree more. This applies for Disney too.
    September 2nd, 2009 at 03:53pm
  • Dexter Morgan

    Dexter Morgan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The amount of iCarly I see on that station makes me SO angry.
    September 1st, 2009 at 03:45am
  • tlwx

    tlwx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Oh yeah.
    I remember the classics.
    It's sad that they think that iCarly is funnier than The Rugrats. It's a shame.
    Amazing article though!
    August 31st, 2009 at 12:32am
  • Elizabeth11895

    Elizabeth11895 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I was born in '95 and I grew up with all these shows and when they took them off I got agravated with Nick. I want them back. The only good shows related to nick are on The N and once in a while on Nickelodeon.
    August 29th, 2009 at 01:53pm
  • A21CenturyBreakdown

    A21CenturyBreakdown (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    what's kinda sad is we grew up with Rugrats and Hey Arnold, but these kids r gonna frow up with iCarly and Spongebob. so in a couple years when those kids r in their teens, ur gonna see them wanting the "classics" of iCarly and Spongebob and w/e else there is.

    so in the end, everyone's gonna want something different.
    August 27th, 2009 at 06:00pm
  • A.U.T.O.M.A.T.I.C

    A.U.T.O.M.A.T.I.C (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i agree and i miss the classics. Doug, Rugrats, As Told By Ginger,Little Bear, Franklin, maggie and the freiocus beast(nick?)CatDog, Hey Arnold!, and Rocket Power. i may be 15 going on 16 but i still like my carttons everyonce in a while. some of the new shows are boring and i really would wan't my kids watching mighty b, or what ever. ni hao kailan to me is a good show. no lie but i learned how to say green and red in chinease(sp?).
    but now people are going overboard with the toons and need to set it back some. i don't know if its only me but some of the new shows today have adult content in it. people don't notice but it's there and they over look it because it's kids shows.
    i grew up on rugrats, as told by ginger and little bear, and rocket power. even blues clues. but i stoped watching that because steve was gone. i think cartoonists today are running out of ideas so the come up with the most retarted stuff ever. have you ever watched boobah. or seen the toy in walmart or something. those things are scary! and they fart! what?!
    nick has changed but i'm and i think there going to fast with things. there are even some cartoons that don't even make it to a second season because it's stupid.
    August 27th, 2009 at 04:25am
  • thenextfrankiero!

    thenextfrankiero! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Ireland
    this really pisses me off

    "they suck and are completely void of anything interesting or funny."
    maybe because they're made for fucking kids!
    you bitch about how stupid "dora the explorer" and "go diego go" when they are made to entertain toddlers.

    if you (a teenager) were sitting 2 feet away from the tv clapping your hands rolling around and screaming "swiper no swiping'". I'd be concerned.

    Nickelodeon has to change with the times.
    August 26th, 2009 at 12:54am
  • coruscatee.

    coruscatee. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    99
    Location:
    United States
    i completely agree.
    you honestly can't bring back some of the classics?
    i mean, i was (And still am) a die hard spongebob and rugrats fan.
    but can't you have a single hour to dedicate to the actual good cartoons?
    there is a channel called 'boomerang' with all of the classic cartoon network shows. like the scooby doo movies, and the powerpuff girls, even tom and jerry.
    i think opening a new channel with all of these shows would be a brilliant idea.
    instead of just abandoning them altogether. that is just too big of a waste to explain.
    August 26th, 2009 at 12:35am