Blink-182: Comeback As Good As Original? - Comments

  • scudmuffin

    scudmuffin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    It sounds like what happened to Green Day with 21st Century Breakdown. Blink-182 grew up, and we're just going to have to accept that. They have families now and different outlook on life. They can't sing about having sex with dogs forever. I'll always love them, just like I'll always love Green Day. You just have to look at it from a different point of view.
    July 3rd, 2012 at 10:22am
  • stainedglasseyes.

    stainedglasseyes. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Personally, I don't care about "old Blink" and "new Blink", I just don't particularly like Neighbourhoods.
    July 1st, 2012 at 08:01pm
  • x1Nessie1x

    x1Nessie1x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    They're kinda going through the same criticism as Green Day were. People just can't deal with the fact that people change.. they're older now. When a band music become more 'mature' they're labelled as sell outs or something.
    June 27th, 2012 at 10:26pm
  • cruel kids.

    cruel kids. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Despite said comments VV ,
    Yes, bands change. But the difference in the types of changes matter. It wouldn't be the same record with different lyrics. Anyone familiar with Brand New? Your Favorite Weapon in 2001 to The Devil and God in 2006. The two records changed, but kept the same background in a sense. They matured, lyrically and musically. However, they still kept their edge and old sound in the mist of it all.
    Blink almost put out an Angels and Airwaves record under their name. It wasn't a record where if you heard it, you could say immediately, even if you didn't know the song, "hey, that's Blink. I know from their sound".
    There's a tasteful way in change without seeming like you're selling out or lost yourself in what everyone else does. Everyone has a certain sound to them, something that makes them different and have you immediately know who they are when you listen to a song. In this record, Blink seemed to have lost it a little bit. But I agree, I do hope their next record they put back some of the "old" Blink.
    June 27th, 2012 at 08:37pm
  • heeytara

    heeytara (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I most certainly don't think they changed for the worst. In fact, I believe they have grown as a band. I think they have all equally matured and are continuing to maturing together. The new music definitely isn't the "old blink" but who really wants to listen to a band that puts out the same record with different lyrics? I would just find it redundant. I still think blink is an amazing band and I'll always be a fan of them.
    June 26th, 2012 at 01:13pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Blink has always been amazing. Bands change over time, which is why I don't get why people talk so badly of it. You've got to change abit if you want to stay popular over the years. Look at the MCR comeback. It was great - yet, because they changed their sound & look, people trashed it.

    Once a Blink fan, ALWAYS a Blink fan.
    June 25th, 2012 at 10:16pm