JLS Announce Split - Comments

  • @ lozzieee blues.
    Yeah, same here. I never really liked them but I appreciate a catchy hook when I hear one, and they definitely had those in bucketloads. I honestly can't comment, I've never cared enough to look up a video of them performing live but from what I know they do just that - perform. I have watched them once or twice in programmes (fair cop out - generally McFly have been on after them or some other artist that I like) and they seem like really genuine guys. It's one of the main reasons that I decided to write this article where I usually wouldn't care. Yeah, it gives him more time to spend with his family, which is exactly what he should be doing at this point in time. Besides, his wife gets enough money from The Saturdays so it isn't as if they'll be very short on cash any time soon.

    I tend to put them into that field because of the whole X Factor thing. I just think it's really manufactured and (as much as it pains me to admit) McFly and Busted were put together and specifically manufactured together. Not that it's a bad thing like everyone says (the Sex Pistols are one of the most revered bands like ever and they were put together to promote the Sex clothes shop), but I just tend to lump that entire type of act together in the one area. Definitely. I'd like to see some of them come back with careers. I think the charts need new (or indeed old) acts and musicians breaking through.
    April 27th, 2013 at 10:55pm
  • They did have a few catchy tunes that caught my ear. I always figured they sung live because the X Factor, for the dire music it often produces and the fame-hungry culture it's spun, does teach the acts to perform well live. It is a pity that they've broken up because they seemed like nice guys when they were on chat programs, and I loved them on the X Factor, but it's kind of come at the right time, what with Marvin becoming a husband and a dad recently.

    I'm not sure I'd put them in the same field as Busted and McFly because they're slightly more genre-specific, but I guess in terms of fame they almost eclipse both groups. It's sad, knowing what the My Chem break-up did to fans - including myself - so the farewell tour is at least a chance for them to say goodbye to adoring fans. They will be missed, and I wish them luck in any future musical endeavours.
    April 27th, 2013 at 10:40pm
  • @ LixieVengance
    Ah, fair enough. I know that a lot of their kind of acts focus more on a show than the music, so that doesn't surprise me. Still, the did have one or two catchy tunes so I can't complain, haha!
    April 27th, 2013 at 03:16pm
  • @ everybody dies;
    When I saw them live they definitely mimed, because they were talking to the crowd over the songs and did a lot of dancing.
    April 27th, 2013 at 03:13pm
  • @ LixieVengance
    I didn't think they actually sung live, if I'm being perfectly honest. I always assumed they mimed because of the type of act they are (they dance a lot too and it could be really difficult to do that and sing). Yeah, I feel bad for their fans, I've been through that before and I'd hate to lose my favourite band.
    April 27th, 2013 at 02:57pm
  • I was forced to see them live (dire) but I know what the fans are going through :(
    April 27th, 2013 at 01:17pm
  • @ Christian Bale.
    Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of JLS but I still remember my reaction to the Busted split so I know what it's like (that and about 10 of my favourite bands have split in the past 10 years). Yeah, definitely. I'm still convinced that the last tour is a money-spinner though. I thought they'd just split up altogether but apparently not.
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:07pm
  • I was never a fan of JLS. They weren't really my thing. But I know how their fans are feeling, as I went through it with My Chemical Romance last month. But, at least the fans have a final chance to see them perform live.
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:55pm
  • @ park chanyeol
    I was never a big fan of them, but I know people that are absolutely devastated. They definitely rank up with the likes of Busted, McFly and 1D in terms of how successful they were. A bit of a loss to the music industry.
    April 25th, 2013 at 10:22pm
  • I heard about this the other night and I was so upset! JLS will always be one of the best boy bands of this generation Sad
    April 25th, 2013 at 07:43pm