Drugs: As Bad As They Are Portrayed To Be? - Comments

  • ashleeanne

    ashleeanne (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    "You made a few points, but if it is alright with you... may I write a counter-article to this?"
    Sure, I have no problem with it.
    July 25th, 2008 at 12:44am
  • blitzkriegBOOM

    blitzkriegBOOM (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    You made a few points, but if it is alright with you... may I write a counter-article to this?

    Also... this is from a recent comment-poster, "The only thing that helps the pain at all is marijuana and I can't even have that because it's illegal where I live."

    ^ Did you just imply that it ISN'T illegal in California?
    Just 'cause it is used EVERYWHERE here (in Southern California, at least) doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

    And isn't there something else you could use for the chronic pain? >_>
    July 24th, 2008 at 03:50am
  • whyamistillonhere

    whyamistillonhere (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Very well written, I'm impressed.

    You should have mentioned bleach. That crap will make you see blue birds...
    July 22nd, 2008 at 11:12pm
  • Moony

    Moony (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    And, before I forget, I suffer from chronic pain and the only place where I can acquire medical marijuana is in California. I live on the East coast and I have no money for traveling. The only thing that helps the pain at all is marijuana and I can't even have that because it's illegal where I live. I'm sorry if I come across as aggressive, but I feel very strongly about this topic.
    July 18th, 2008 at 12:39am
  • Moony

    Moony (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you so much for writing this article. I agree 150 percent. I am so glad someone has finally written something like this on this site, so thank you again.

    And The last Dagny? I will respect your opinion and maybe even consider it when you learn proper grammar and how to use the space and shift key. No offense meant, and I understand a bit where you are coming from, but calling people names will get you no where in life.
    July 18th, 2008 at 12:37am
  • The last Dagny

    The last Dagny (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    *cringes as to how you could write something like this* literature represents who you are, and it is very clear you are a naiave teenager. Did you think you would get praises for writing an unsupported article about how marijuana isnt bad? On the main subject,Yes marijuana can be used for medical purposes in the hands of a doctor, but do you think some wasteless teenagers has a medical degree? It is evidentally clear they arent using their brains when smoking pot and are bored, when they should be doing something productive. So I highly suggest you "think" before writing an article such as this, but i completely understand, your just some ignorant teenager, who is trying to sound cool.
    July 17th, 2008 at 08:32pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    i didnt know there was a medical purpose behind it? awesome. still never taking it though
    July 17th, 2008 at 07:03pm
  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Also, the reason most cigarettes kill is because of all the poison crap they put into it now-a-days. Rat poisoning goes into some brands.
    It was purer during the days when people made it themselves.

    You can make a joint just as bad by buying it from someone who has laced it to make it look fuller when really, there's a little marijuana and a lot of crap - sometimes poisons. You never know if it's laced either until too late.
    July 17th, 2008 at 04:32pm
  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Herion and coke can do horrid stuff to people and kill.
    LCD can fry the brain beyond belief, or give a person a bad trip and they're never the same again.

    Only reason they say pot is bad is because it can mess you up if you do it too much. I mean c'mon, you've probably see some serious pot heads who are out of their mind. Do it too much and too often and that's what happens. All in all, that's probably the only drug that won't kill you - unless you do something stupid on it. Or it's laced which most are these days.

    Any drug taken too much will kill. The reason prescription drugs have killed more people recently is because [i]they're easier to get[/i]. All you have to do is look in the medicine chest.

    Plus, you need to show sources with this article. No one will believe you since you could've made everything up. Which I really think some of it is.
    July 17th, 2008 at 04:27pm
  • Triptophobia

    Triptophobia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree with this. Although I don't think drugs should be legalised completely, I think that they should be legalised for medicinal purposes. They actually save some lives. We would also have room in prisons for REAL criminals, not drug addicts. I know that not everyone would agree with me, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that was just mine.
    July 17th, 2008 at 08:30am
  • Make_my_lover_stay

    Make_my_lover_stay (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    not addictive at all...TCH cant permanently bind to the body's molecular structure. Also, my father is a rastafarian and smokes it on a semi-regular basis, and I have yet to see him go through withdrawal or extreme cravings when he's without it. And if it was so horrible, then how did medicinal marijuana come about?
    July 17th, 2008 at 07:24am
  • Kassandra?!

    Kassandra?! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I am going to keep this simple;
    this was great.
    You had really good points, and I think it was well written.
    Although, I think it would have been a good idea to have said where you got this information, like where you had the information about the deaths.
    But non the less, it was really great!
    July 17th, 2008 at 06:14am
  • NikkiEcstasy;

    NikkiEcstasy; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    i love this article.
    have these people that are saying its horrible even tried it before?
    Like really. dont judge.

    potheads are just normal people. except we make the choice to do drugs, we all have are reasons. My brother probably hasn't gone a day without smoking it, and hes doing horrible.
    But i wouldnt blame weed. I would say it did get him into harder things like cocaine, but it doesnt destroy the mind and your life.

    Gets you high. Makes you think crazy things. wears off. good as new.

    It isnt bad, it isn't great, but it isnt bad.
    But i never have pressered my friends to try it.

    It can be addicting as hell. But its all up to you. and i wont allow myself to do it everyday. But some people do and let it control them.

    But your article made some very good points! ^^
    July 17th, 2008 at 05:40am
  • Lights

    Lights (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    To say that drugs like marijuana aren't really that harmful isn't true. While you most likely won't die from smoking it, what happens when you decide to go for a drive around town? It's just the same as drinking and driving, really. Either you could hurt yourself, or you could hurt someone else.
    July 17th, 2008 at 04:20am
  • Elegant Crime

    Elegant Crime (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Awesome article.
    I'm going to be completely honest I know many people who smoke and are really smart and they have normal lives; pay their bills on time, have money, have a car, and a house... and they smoke weed. But most of you are right, it does kill brain cells and also you can gain weight by eating so much. But if you know what you're doing in life or even as a person, you won't let weed control your life, because you'll be stronger then it. That's usually why people who are down on their luck or just mad at the world usually start with weed and then they let it become a gateway drug. Now, meth, cocaine, heroin that stuff will eat you alive!! You won't be stronger then it... it will be stronger then you. But weed, you get high wears off in few hours, go to sleep, wake up, back to normal. But with the side effects of short term memory lost and less brain cells. And to jennaohbby you can get addicted to weed, if you smoke it for a long time almost everyday, you will eventually get addicted to it. Just like how people get addicted to coffee or cigarettes. You depend on it, just like a normal routine of you day.
    Anyway it's all up to you only, if you want to do it or not, but you won't die from it.
    Amazing article, I've always said there was nothing wrong with weed.
    July 17th, 2008 at 04:07am
  • jennaohbby

    jennaohbby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    It is not addictive. THC doesn't leave you body for 20-30 days but even after that I don't have cravings. I feel exactly the same. Marijuana can save lives. There are a lot of people out there who need it for medical purposes. People have too much stress nowadays and marijuana relives stress. My cousin had a seizure at 17 because she was so stressed she started smoking marijuana and she is doing great now.
    July 17th, 2008 at 03:01am
  • ashleeanne

    ashleeanne (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I do not encourage people to use drugs, I never have, and probably never will. But I do know people who have, and they're perfectly fine. Yes, sure, they want it all the time, that doesn't mean they're addicted.
    And I'm not saying that drugs are GOOD for you, just that they could be benificial to some people.
    I guess I didn't get my exact point across quite clearly enough, and I apologize to anyone I've offended.
    July 17th, 2008 at 01:06am
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Sorry, the bad clearly outways the good in this case. Marijuana is addictive and destroys the mind. I vote, absolutely no.
    July 16th, 2008 at 11:20pm
  • CorrinaRae

    CorrinaRae (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    okay this does not change my opinion on drugs.
    I'm not sure if I can believe that marijuana isn't addictive, I have a ton of friends who want it all time.
    and it kills your brain cells, and you lose 4 IQ points everytime you take it.
    How can you say its not as bad as we think it is?
    It's natural, but so what, that doesn't mean its good.

    marijuana used for medical purposes I'm kinda okay with...but theres too many users so legalizing it wouldn't be good (at least where I live)

    And nicotine improve mental whatever??? people get addicted though!
    and when does that make it good?! just because it can improve one damn thing you can improve in other ways

    I've actually seen drugs and shit ruin people's lives!
    I have not heard any good stories about drugs. NEVER.

    I can't believe this....You're enabling people to do drugs anyway because you pretty much said it was okay.
    WHEN ITS NOT.

    ugh.
    July 16th, 2008 at 11:09pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Thanks none the less.
    July 16th, 2008 at 10:56pm