"Hey Wanna Go To My Place Tonight?" - Comments

  • They should teach masturbation lol. Maybe it will keep people from having unprotected sex and getting STDs, maybe it won't. Only one way to find out.

    Sex ed should definatly be kept i schools.
    May 5th, 2009 at 11:17pm
  • Of course they should keep Sex ed! No matter how embarressing or 'stupid' parents think it is, why not tell them now so the kids don't just go out on their own to find out by themselves? Not having classes will encrease the pregnancy/premature sex rate because teens will not know, want to find out, and try to by themselves.
    March 27th, 2009 at 05:35pm
  • Safe Sex needs to be taught, and accessible. All forms of birth control should be attainable without parental permission. At this point in society, abstinence is just unrealistic, whether we like it or not. The least we can do is encourage and ALLOW kids to be responsible.

    Outstanding article!
    October 6th, 2008 at 02:34am
  • I think some parents are just happy being ignorant about their children's sex lives. The ones who do want to know probably really DON'T want to know, because then they'll feel uncomfortable.
    As for teaching masturbation to lower sex rates or whatnot?
    I don't think so.
    It always feels better when someone else does it for you ;)
    Aha.
    Personally, I think it's best that it's confidential. Could you imagine the amount of teenage girls that would give themselves an abortion in a dangerous way because they're too ashamed to tell their parents?
    Besides, I'm Pro-Choice. I also think (but don't force people into believing, that's just my opinion) that if you're in high school and you get pregnant, you should have an abortion, especially if the father is in high school, too. Unless your parents are willing to raise the child until you're good to go, you're condemning your child to a life of not a very good life (obviously, not in all cases). You'd be unemployed with no high school diploma, no place to live and no way to support yourself; never mind your child. And depending what kind of guy the father is, he may just step out altogether.
    Anyways, that's what I would do personally if I got pregnant. The moment I graduate high school, I wouldn't have an abortion. I wouldn't have a reason to; I'd have my high school and probably business or whatever. But yeah, the longer I'm graduated high school, the harder it would be for me to have an abortion.
    //End mini-rant :P
    September 29th, 2008 at 03:55am
  • I think abstinence education should be taught. Most teenagers learn about ways to prevent pregnancy, but few are really encouraged to wait until they're married, or at least older. Teenage pregnancies are more dangerous because the girl's body is not fully developed and often not ready to handle a baby. A lot of people just ignore these risks because they don't know what can really happen.
    September 17th, 2008 at 12:41am
  • I thought all schools taught their students about sex, love etc. ... Guess I was wrong. I live in Sweden, and I think we spent like three months talking about different diseases, how to protect yourself and abortions.
    September 15th, 2008 at 04:16pm
  • I think what that doctor proposed is a good idea.

    Being a teenager is very hormonal and those 'urges' to reproduce are really at their peak then you could say because it's new, fascinating.

    I enjoyed the article by the way. Well written and properly done. A+ from me! =]

    Oh! I wouldn't tell my parents if it were the last thing in the world because to have that disappointment, pregnancy is more a private thing between you and your partner I think. I dunno....
    September 15th, 2008 at 01:45pm
  • And teaching masturbation would probably work. Meant to add that in, whoops. My bad. XD
    Great article by the way, it's good that you cited your sources.
    August 28th, 2008 at 01:58pm
  • X2 condoms equals no.
    Pill only equals no.
    Condom only equals no.
    Pill+1 condom= safe.


    Even if that was all they taught in sex ed, it'd be better than nothing.
    I'm glad I live in the UK, even if it was embaressing to have to hold up cards saying "Chlamidia" on them and explaining the symptoms to each other, or being taught how to put on a male and female condom with help from a dildo, at least it taught us something important.
    Watch when teen STI and pregnancy rates go up in the US again, it'll just prove that sex ed is needed.
    August 28th, 2008 at 01:56pm
  • Coolnurse.com
    Is one of the best sexual education sites there is.
    Youc an find out about pregnancy, symptoms. If you don't know what Blue Balls are. STD's symptoms and all that jazz. They give you hotlines as well
    August 27th, 2008 at 12:14am
  • Thanks for citing the sources, the statistics are shocking. I thought you were just lying about them, so it's good you posted the sources.
    August 20th, 2008 at 10:33am
  • Nice that you cited your sources. They can also help others on this site if they are unsure about the Sex Ed. ordeal. Good article, by the way.
    August 9th, 2008 at 09:32pm
  • I think taking away Sex Ed is pretty...well stupid.
    I mean some parents don't want to tell their child a thing about sex.
    Then who's going to tell them?
    Friends might have some clue but know a lot? Probably not.
    I think that Sex Ed is smart because it tells the truth about sex and what will happen.
    Unless of course the teacher is a prick and exaggerates everything.
    About the masturbation thing.
    I think I agree with that too.
    People are always like "ew masturbation is soooo gross"
    But in all honesty your going to wonder or do it at least once.
    And it might help with not going around and having sex.
    I'm a firm believer on true love, waiting to have sex till I'm married.
    But is that really going to happen?
    -shakes head- Probably not.
    I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather be called a prude than a slut.
    August 9th, 2008 at 04:29am
  • Taking away Sex Ed. isn't going to help at all because then the [B][I]future teenagers are going to be clueless on using protection[/B][/I].
    Masturbation should be taught because then you'll be surprised at how many teenagers can hold out a bit longer.
    August 9th, 2008 at 12:16am
  • i think masturbation should be promoted but it doesn't take much until they realize sex feels like 100x better . . .woops, shouldn't have said that . . .lol . .. NO HAVING SEX KIDDIES!

    but i think docter's visits should be kept confidential . . .parents are better off in denial
    August 8th, 2008 at 09:32pm
  • well first of all I have already learnt about STD's in skl and yes it isn't a very nice presentation, but it gets its point across and second of all if people r that dumb not to know the causes of what sex can do then they deserve whats coming to them! I mean u shud really have sex with a person u truly love and make sure it's not goin to b just a fling and last for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and 3rd and lastly, if u really r that 'DFS' (Desperate for sex)
    then just go masturbate or somethin or just be patient!
    August 7th, 2008 at 02:44pm
  • i think they should teach it in schools. Not only then could you pleasure yourself, but then you have ways of pleasuring eachother. My boyfriend is a lot older, so he has more experience, but he had to help me the first time i touched him intimatly. But I do think it is only in America that Sex Ed isn't taught. I'm about to go into yr 9, and we usually have PSHE days involving Sex Ed. They teach us about STD's, condoms, Sex...masturbation, I doubt it.

    Incredibly well written article. You deserve a hug. -huggles-

    Loves.
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:45pm
  • Well the way we're taught in school is to cite the sources so that you have the proof and people can read more than just wat you've written.

    haha. yeah that would be VERY akward. but in the long run i guess it a good thing?
    idk. but im pretty sure the guys and girls would be separeated
    rofl
    August 6th, 2008 at 09:46pm
  • Extremely well written.
    I loved how you sited your sources, I personally don't think enough people on here do that.
    August 6th, 2008 at 08:44pm
  • How awkward would that be though? Learning how to masturbate? Would they segregate the genders? I guess it's good to lower teen sex rates haha.

    But I think it's really really wrong to take sex ed out of school. People need to know the risks associated with sex.
    August 6th, 2008 at 08:45am