The Human Eye - Comments

  • MandaBear

    MandaBear (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I like this article a lot, since I work in retina. The article bounces all over the place, though, and there are extra apostrophes and such. Don't forget mac degen, (ARMD), which is a leading cause of blindness next to cataracts. I like the other comments, too. There's even gene testing now, which can estimate the progression of a patient's ARMD, and when it will turn wet. It's amazing.
    July 27th, 2013 at 11:29pm
  • Haylie Jaed

    Haylie Jaed (325)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    I suffer from Amblyopia in my left eye. I was born with it, and for most of my life people just haven't understood what it is. In fact, most people have never even heard of it, and believe "lazy eye" to be something entirely different. So it was nice to see it neatly explained here. Thank you for that.

    Interesting article. =)
    July 16th, 2013 at 01:19pm
  • LipstickAndDrugs

    LipstickAndDrugs (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Colour blindness is far more common in men than women because it follows the X chromosome. For a person to be colour blind it must affect all of their X chromosomes. A boy has the chromosome pairing XY. A female has the chromosome pairing XX, so it is more likely that she will just carry the gene rather than have it because it is a lot harder for both of her X chromosomes to have the gene.

    Also if you don't blink or only half blink (like a blink where your eyes don't fully close) you will get a yellow layer on the whites of your eyes. This is more common for gamers and people who tend to do things that involve them to be fully alert. The cure for this is to blink more often and make sure the eyes are fully closed
    July 15th, 2013 at 05:36pm