Asperger's Syndrome - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://www.geschichteboard.de/ptopic,100993.html#100993>Great Onlne Casino Info</a> 6ce6_39
    September 29th, 2023 at 06:58am
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    LostandForgotten does not understand the concept of Asperger's. It's not being antisocial, it's being social and not knowing what everyone else does about being social.

    My sister has it, and she's plenty social. She just talks more than she should, usually about one thing that either no one understands or that no one else is interested in. She also stands too close to people, and she doesn't understand the concept of what's appropriate or inappropriate. Unlike the article, she plays pretend and played (or plays) with dolls, but her main problem with that is that she's almost always in her pretend world, and we don't want to hear about it. There's also a guy at my school with it, and he talks too much about things that no one else knows or cares about. He's not very popular, but he's really nice. It's a shame…

    Good article, though. I may have skimmed over the details a little, but it seemed a little like these conditions are always apparent. I know that different conditions can be apparent in different people, so I just think you should have emphasized that a little bit more.
    May 16th, 2009 at 05:31pm
  • crazyrTHANu882

    crazyrTHANu882 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I really like this article, I have Asperger's myself so it always makes me happy whenever I see an article about it or hear it mentioned on tv(and it's accurate). I'll show this to my mom and sis, they'll be interested by it and it's very informative. They've done so much for me, like when I stopped talking until I was five, my sis would translate everything I was trying to tell people since I spoke with my hands, but she tells me I would still get upset because she'd translate it wrong.
    August 29th, 2008 at 05:26am
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    A doctor tried to dianose me with this once. Although that was a joke since the only thing he was going on was that I was anti-social and had a genius IQ.

    Personally I think it's a load. It's a label created by doctors to label anti-social children. It's a joke.
    August 28th, 2008 at 11:48pm
  • Vicious Tyrant

    Vicious Tyrant (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    I really liked this article, I used to think Asperger's and Autism were the same thing, thanks for pointing out the difference.
    August 4th, 2008 at 01:33am
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'd like to add to what I said a month ago. Well, to say something different.

    There was something on House about Asperger's Syndrome during the 3rd season. Wilson read to Cuddy about A.S. in defense of House not wanting the new carpet in his office and wanting to keep the blood-covered one. At the very end of the episode, House got his bloody carpet back and it was revealed that House really doesn't have the disease (of course). Still, I like how they brought to light the condition and what exactly it was.
    July 3rd, 2008 at 04:30am
  • ella vator.

    ella vator. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Asperger's Syndrome is genetic, I'm pretty sure it is anyway.

    I used to talk to a girl with it, she was pretty nice. But I haven't seen her in awhile. I hate how people make fun of them and stuff.
    June 5th, 2008 at 06:16am
  • Spyder Venom

    Spyder Venom (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    My brother has it quite serverly and its difficault for people to understand. I have a mild form of it as well so I know what its like. It's not easy to deal with and thats what people dont understand. They bully for the fun and think that getting on someone's nerves who has it is funny until someone gets hurt.

    I think more people should be aware of it and need to be told what its about and that they shouldn't tease someone because of it. My brother is only 11 and gets loads of hassle of dicks that live near us because they are too stupid to understand.
    June 4th, 2008 at 09:08pm
  • This.Useless.Heart.

    This.Useless.Heart. (115)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    My older sister has Aspergers. My mom's been studying autism stuff my whole life because my sister was diagnosed before I was even born, so I know a lot of this stuff.(actually the diagnosis is just autism, but we recently discovered that Aspergers is more like her)
    I'm almost positive its genetic because all of the other supposed causes don't even make any sense really. So yeah, I'm really lucky I didn't end up with it. (mom wouldn't have had me at all, but when they found out she was already pregnant so it was too late.)
    Thank you for writing this. I think it could help inform people who are not currently experts like my mother and me. (and several of the kids who have already posted comments I'm sure.)
    June 4th, 2008 at 08:08am
  • pierrot the clown.

    pierrot the clown. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Mexico
    My brother was diagnosed this about 2 years ago.
    I know a lot about it cause my mom bought like 10 books of Asperger. We now refer to it as "Asper" for short. LOL. Anyways, thanks for posting this cause people need to be informed about it. Specially when people with Asperger are TOO honest for their own good. (mom: *points at a girl* she's pretty! brother: she's hideous! *puts disgusted face even when he knows the girl's mother is right behind him*<--this happened)
    June 3rd, 2008 at 10:58pm
  • likeitmatters

    likeitmatters (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    No one else in my family has aspergers and I was diagnosed when I was ten.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 10:08pm
  • xBrokenXDreamsx

    xBrokenXDreamsx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Norway
    I've never heard off it O.O
    Good that I know now.
    where can you be tested if you have asperger's ?
    June 3rd, 2008 at 09:04pm
  • Matt Tuck

    Matt Tuck (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    *their
    June 3rd, 2008 at 08:22pm
  • Matt Tuck

    Matt Tuck (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    People sometimes don't diagnose Asperger's straight away so the people who have it think that there is something wrong with them. I think that if a parent even just suspects Asperger's, they should go to the doctors with heir child.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 08:21pm
  • Slappy

    Slappy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I babysit a kid with Asperger's. Omfg, he's the cutest kid ever. His name is Davis, and he likes cars. And he likes being hugged. :]
    June 3rd, 2008 at 04:34am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Someone on a guinea pig site I go to has a child with this, I think :(.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 03:20am
  • Darling we're Dead

    Darling we're Dead (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This was extremely well written. My sister has Asperger's so it's always great when I learn more about it.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 12:06am
  • Vincent Price

    Vincent Price (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I liked this article, it was very well written.
    My younger brother actually has aspergers.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 11:37pm
  • YouRockMyWorld

    YouRockMyWorld (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    My friends have aspergers, and I liked your article, it was very correct and informitive in telling people who wouldn't know about it. When I was younger I was almost diagnosed with aspergers, but they thought I had another thing instead, which was simmilar but not as bad called dispraxia. But reading the article I can see why: I had:
    -clumsiness, bad motor skills, problems getting along with people sometimes, liked routine, liked drawing, I would have group play with friends but I was sometimes bossy with the games. lol.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 11:08pm
  • junioramazon.

    junioramazon. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    My brother has Autism bordering on Aspergers.
    It get's really hard to live with sometimes, but I can honestly say, I couldn't wish for a better brother =]

    Thanks for writing this article, I've read things about it before but they where too complicated for me, because they where from the Psychology stuff my mum studies.

    ~Ruthus
    xoxox
    June 2nd, 2008 at 07:21pm