You'll Never Walk Alone - Comments

  • And I agree with Pippa Shadows. Please become a journalist. ^^
    November 28th, 2008 at 09:26pm
  • My grandparents are Liverpool supporters. I'm a Villa fan myself, but no one could ignore how horrible this tragedy was. Two years before I was born, but still in the public consiousness. I have to study newspapers for English A-Level and my teacher said that the average reading age for the Sun is ten. Only idiots read it.
    Great article. Informative, emotive and just fantastic. : )
    November 28th, 2008 at 09:26pm
  • Oh my God. Rest in peace, yeah.
    To be honest, the Sun is basically a newspaper for people with an IQ of less than 50, it's just a load of...well, you get the idea.
    ...don't like ittt.


    ....I live near Hillsborough. =/ =/
    August 2nd, 2008 at 07:08pm
  • Here's a piece of trivia for you- Kelvin Knobhead MacKenzie, the sodding motherfucking sonofabitch who allowed the article to be printed, left school with on O-Level or GCSE (for those of you who don't know, these are exams we have to take, usually when we are sixteen), and the strong indication is that it wasn't in English.

    Q. What's the official name for a compulsive liar?
    A. A Sun journalist.
    July 19th, 2008 at 03:04am
  • wow. amazing article; captured the emotions as well as the facts perfectly.
    We had to look at the disaster for a drama project a couple of years ago, and once i heard about it, i felt sick that my family buy (they still do) the Sun.
    As i did then, I can feel tears in my eyes from reading this article.
    Well done on a great job.
    July 1st, 2008 at 01:47am
  • I'm a Red through and through, and I always pay my repsects on the 15th April. I've been to Anfield and seen the Hillsborough Memorial, and a lump comes to your throat when you see it for real.

    My family don't buy the Sun (or Scum as I am going to call it from now on) and I can't even look at it in the newsagent's. MacKenzie refused to apologise for what he wrote, and to be quite frank I hope he rots in Hell (apologies if that upsets anyone, but it's how I feel).


    Fact you may not know: Jon- Paul Gilhooley, the ten- year old, was the cousin of Steven Gerrard, Liverpool Captain.

    RIP the 96. Gone, but not forgotten.
    April 17th, 2008 at 10:56pm
  • Terrific article.
    15th April is always day that I spend reflecting.
    I may not be a Scouser but I am a red through and through.
    I may have only been 3 at the time but I know how deeply this affected Liverpool FC and its fans.

    No one should lose their lives for a game.

    Justice is still to be done I am afraid. Justice for the 96 fans who died following the team they loved.
    One day Justice will done.
    April 16th, 2008 at 06:24pm
  • I also live in merseyside so I too will be silent & get my friends to be to.
    The sun is a classic Pleaser paper they don't what they're talking sbout as long as it sells.
    I think this was a very well written article & a very close to home topic.
    April 15th, 2008 at 10:09pm
  • holy crap ellie, pippa's right that was amazing.
    i didn't know about this before now, as in our country european football is really not talked about and nor is a lot of international news, which i hate, but man, you did that perfectly. not only was it informative, but you could just feel the emotion. the ending made me cry, honest.
    this is something i could see being published in a real newspaper xo.
    April 14th, 2008 at 09:50pm
  • I realise you got lots of comments about this through PM's, but I'll be the first to comment here.

    That was absolutely amazing.
    You wrote that perfectly.
    Really stressing the point about The Sun.

    None of my family buy The Sun or The Daily Mail.
    I'm bloody glad too.

    Simply amazing.
    Become a journalist, would you?
    I'm totally serious, you'd be perfect for the job.
    April 14th, 2008 at 08:24pm