A Tiresome Tirade? - Comments

  • FnHeroes

    FnHeroes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    ah, to be honest with you, i think your a fairly decent writer with an obviously strong point of view thats not nessasarily wrong, but i hardley think this is an article. What are we meant to talk about in response to your text? We can critise or praise your writing, but thats about it.
    October 17th, 2008 at 10:40am
  • x.Jessi.x

    x.Jessi.x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    holy hell. you are, by far, the best article writer on here. Its the best article I've ever read on here.
    Besides your amazing writing talents, I cannot help but agree with you on the topic. Too many people just turn the sholder or pretend not to see those who hurt. Thats why I love TWLOA and FOR.
    October 15th, 2008 at 12:35am
  • avenge my ghost

    avenge my ghost (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    wow.
    very well written. you are totally right.
    this topic is too often argued over, people trying to find excuses, and i think its awesome that you are just saying to just try and help!
    :)
    October 13th, 2008 at 11:04pm
  • sabotage.

    sabotage. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Wonderful, but could be clearer. :]
    October 13th, 2008 at 09:56pm
  • Kurdt Kobain

    Kurdt Kobain (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Thanks. ^_^
    It makes sense to me. xD
    October 13th, 2008 at 08:21pm
  • RaeRiot

    RaeRiot (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I think you are making a great point here, when that girl hannah bond killed her self not one person hessitated to point fingers at my chem except for the so many fans that have helped back up and you're right no one listens to the so many that say they saved their lives but one person dies and every one sees that. Kind of makes you feel invisble doesn't it. It's almost as if we aren't here at all no matter how loud we speak they don't hear us.
    And I diss agree with with the others that say it's unperfessional because of the language. I think that it is very well written and it is more of an oppinion but how many people have voiced their oppinions through articals and it obviously didn't make a differance because more people write about it. but they are right it's not like an artical but it is kinda some thing more.
    If any thing I said makes sence lol sorry.
    October 13th, 2008 at 07:33pm
  • Kurdt Kobain

    Kurdt Kobain (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Thanks for the comments, it's the first time I've attempted writing an article.
    Needless to say-- I still need more practice. x_x
    Next time it'll be more "article-ish", promise. lmfao.

    *creeps away*
    October 13th, 2008 at 06:55pm
  • Jessie in Calalini

    Jessie in Calalini (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Canada
    I agree with Kurtni. I don't even know what this articles topic is.
    It was well written, but the swearing takes away from the professionalism an article is meant to have.
    Other than that, it was well written. =)
    October 13th, 2008 at 05:10pm
  • BloodyPianoKeys

    BloodyPianoKeys (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Really well done.
    The writing was very poetic and got your point across without beating it about the head.

    However, I might not consider this so much an article as an editorial, opinion piece, or even journal. I've been thinking recently that either the 'Articles' section needs to be restrained to only fact-based, news-related articles or the title needs to be changed to include op-ed pieces such as this.

    As far as the subject matter goes, I agree with you completely. People (including myself) do need to step up to the plate and take the initiative. Depression and suicide are becoming an integral part of everyday life for many young Americans, yet very few of us are truly taking action. I know that in my school depressed is used as a derogatory term, and 'suicidal' is one of the worst slurs you can give a piece of writing - very few people understand exactly what depression is and what it can mean.
    However, I have also noticed that depression has, in some select and very rare circles, become acceptable, even a marker of how worthy someone is. Some people complain of being depressed 24/7 without merit, and blow whatever emotions they have way out of proportion. As a society, we need to be educated about what exactly depression is, how it can affect people, and what amount or recurrence of depression is normal.

    But anyway, congratulations on a very well written piece!
    October 13th, 2008 at 02:23pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not entirely sure what this article is even about, you never clearly defined a subject.

    "Is it really the music’s fault? Is it really because they want the attention? Is it really the parent’s problem?"

    What do you mean by "it"? Using pronouns without identifying them is confusing to your readers.
    October 13th, 2008 at 01:22pm