Christmas: The Most Irritating Time of the Year. - Comments

  • Oh and I forgot, I am a christian, I believe that Jesus was a real person and was our savior, but I also believe that his death and sacrifice are more important then his birth. All the birthdays spoken about in the bible are bad. Pharoah? Killed a man. John the Baptizer was BEHEADED for someones birthday.

    Do you really want part in that?

    It was Jesus' death that was the important thing, the reason why he came to earth. If we were meant the celebrate his birth, then the bible wou have said so. Many of the holdiays celebrated by christians were brought into effect when those dang Romans were trying to get everyone to convert. They'd change things and basically ruined christianity.

    Okay, I'm done now.
    March 15th, 2009 at 06:52pm
  • I feel the same way about Christmas. If we were supposed to celebrate Jesus' birthday wouldnt the bible have told us to?

    Its as simple as that, plus EVERYTHING about it is based on pagan rituals and blah. And those songs are incredibly annoying.
    March 15th, 2009 at 06:48pm
  • Aren't articles supposed to be non biased?
    December 31st, 2008 at 07:57am
  • i feel the same way i hate Christmas
    December 27th, 2008 at 02:47am
  • rubbish
    December 27th, 2008 at 01:36am
  • You may wonder ignorantly why I'm dissing Xmas rather than Ramadan, or Rama Navami, or Hannukkah, or whatever.

    mm....that would be because they aren't over-commercialised business scams, they don't turn people into mindles, blind, materialistic, bad-driving zombies, they don't make annoying christian people stop me in the street to wish me a happy Xmas (assuming of course that I, like every other blind consumer in the world do celebrate christmas).

    Lol, it's in fact Yuletide today.



    HAPPY YULE :D
    December 25th, 2008 at 02:26pm
  • I read this last night and actually had to come back after thinking. We know that Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. But we celebrate his birth then. Do you always celebrate your birthday on the exact day? I mean, I know if my birthday falls on a Monday I'm either going to have it the Saturday or Sunday before it. That may mean nothing to you, but why does it matter what day we celebrate His birth. I think maybe we should celebrate everyday because He lived. Go ahead and keep on believing what you believe. I believe what I believe. Like I said in my earlier comments, Merry Christmas, Jesus loves you.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 06:33pm
  • [i]Oh, and it has been documented that Jesus was, in fact, a real person.[/i]
    There's more evidence that Jesus existed that Julius Caesar. There is no question if he existed or not. The question is was he the son of God and did he really raise from the dead?

    People still don't get it.
    [b]Christmas's main purpose isn't to be with your family. It's to celebrate the birth of Jesus. [/b]
    See the [b]Christ[/b] in it? It's about Jesus. Not about family. Not about food. Not about presents. Without Jesus, there is no Christmas.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 03:54pm
  • People like you are irritating. I am so sick of people coming down on Christmas. Seriously? Every other religion has their holidays, and no one says a fucking word about them, but when Christmas comes around it's like, 'let's line all the Christians against a wall.' It's fucking annoying. Lay off of our holiday. I don't care if you don't like it, you don't have to. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO.

    And It's not the Christians fault that Christmas has become so commercialized. And to us, it's not a stupid holiday or a reason to get new stuff. (Although I do like presents. Who doesn't?) It's about family, friends, and being together.
    Oh, and it has been documented that Jesus was, in fact, a real person.
    I get that you have an opinion, and that's cool. But you don't have to insult others beliefs.

    Merry. Fucking. Christmas.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 08:30am
  • Oh, and remember, Jesus loves you. :]
    December 23rd, 2008 at 06:41am
  • Merry Christmas! :D
    December 23rd, 2008 at 06:39am
  • It's actually been documented by historians that Jesus was a real person.
    Whether you believe he's the Messiah (which you obviously DON'T), is your decision; and i respect that.

    I'm sorry to hear that you think we Christians celebrate a "stupid holiday". It's not stupid to us.

    Either way, I think this was a well written opinionated article.
    Happy Holidays xx.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 04:22am
  • Agree with Zeitgeist-
    December 14th, 2008 at 11:56pm
  • "Also, before I begin stating my points, I am going to add that this is my personal opinion, and not open for discussion or attack. It’s really just to make a small point." Personally, I think it's silly to say something like that if you're putting this up on the internet as an article for all to see. People, including myself, are going to discuss and give opinions. It's the whole point.

    While I see where you're coming from (I figured this out looooong ago), I don't hate the holiday. It does provide people excuses to just be calm an happy together, for families to get time off to see each other who live too far to just drive over in a day. And what my real point is, it's a tradition. Maybe one that was founded on stolen practices from other religions and one which people associate with Christianity, which I'm not associated with. But it's a tradition. Not a completely bogus one at that... so I like Christmas. It's just another excuse to be happy.
    December 13th, 2008 at 11:13pm
  • Totally agree with brndwnthedisco.

    x
    December 12th, 2008 at 07:03pm
  • As for the article, it was a good opinion article. You researched and it was well written. I do think you could convey your opinion/point with a bit more class though; maybe try not to swear and not to put people who do celebrate the holiday down.

    As for your opinion, I don't agree. I celebrate Christmas and I don't have a religion. It's about getting together with family, and having fun. I know, you shouldn't have to celebrate a holiday to get together with family, but just think of this as an excuse to. When else is everyone going to have the time off to get together all at once? I do agree that Christmas is overly dominated by consumerism, but once you look past that, it's a good holiday. I also like your New Year's gift idea. Sound's fun!
    December 12th, 2008 at 12:10am
  • Well, I [i]am[/i] a Christian and so I [i]do[/i] celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus's birthday, [i]however[/i], I do realize the fact, and you should, too, that Christmas is not all about religion (atleast not anymore) and therefore it is an excellent time to celebrate family, friends and general livlihood.
    December 10th, 2008 at 11:44pm
  • Well, really. Christmas it's not entirely for religion. It's just to bring families and have fun. I know, you don't need a holiday to get together, but so the fuck what if there is one? What's so wrong with it? So, it's over commercialized relating to religion and all that shiz, but so the fuck what? It's fun, with Christmas cheer! Presents, lots of people do tend to become quite greedy, and I must say, I LIKE THE PRESENTS. :) I don't crave it, get whiny if I dont get one, but I like them. Who doesn't like the feeling of someone caring about you? You really do have an opinion, but why must it be so insulting? I might as well post articles about how I hate Valentine because I don't like "love", how I hate Easter because bunnies are bullshit, how I hate birthdays cause it's a waste of cake and that shit. I reallyrelalyreally hope you truly feel this, and this isnt another one of those "OMG, IT'S POPULAR, LET'S HATE IT."

    eh, I like Paris Hilton, screw you. :)
    merry frigign' christmas, love. :)
    December 10th, 2008 at 04:29am
  • My brother and I are both Atheists. Our Christmas has nothing to do with god. We simply put up a tree, enjoy the lovely smell of it, drink egg nog, and use it as an excuse to buy each other new stuff. No religion. No preachy christmas carols. Nothing like that at all. He has makes a ham for him and a few of his friends, and I eat my tofurkey, and everything gets along fine. Religion isn't needed. To us, christmas has nothing to do with god or any of that shit.
    December 9th, 2008 at 04:41am
  • hahaha I don't think there's anything I can say about why I love Christmas that hasn't already been said.
    But darling, if you think Christmas trees and santa clause and stockings and reindeer are part of the christian religion then you're wrong. you can't bash the christians for the commercialization of christmas. that isn't christmas to them. your idea of christmas, the one you're talking about, christmas carols and etc. that's a PAGAN holiday. PAGAN. not Christian.
    December 9th, 2008 at 04:13am