Republicans Versus Democrats

Republicans Versus Democrats In The United States of America, the two main political parties are called Republicans and Democrats. Both have several different views on how the government should be run.

Republicans are considered a conservative party. It was found in Jackson, Michigan in 1854 (called the Grand Old Party, back then), and has been around for years since. It is the second largest party, next to the Democrats, with fifty-five million registered voters in 2004, which was one third of the electorate.

Often times, Republicans are against giving welfare to those who do not need it, and also oppose some things such as same-sex marriage. Republicans seem to stay true to older values, yet the new, as well, for many support abortion rights. They are often willing to try and save money and make the economy better by giving equal taxes by percentage of income and not giving money to those who are simply not willing to work.

The history of the Democratic party is less known, however their ideas are not. Democrats, many times, have extreme environmental policies and other ideas for the new sciences that Republicans lack. They also are more willing to allow same-sex marriages. They, however, are more willing to give money to those who do not need it, and try and take more money from the rich for the people who are lazy.

Both parties have a lot of coinciding ideas, but is that really a reason for all of the fighting?

People are judged on their political party, though they may not support all of the ideas of their chosen party. This does not seem to occur in our society.

Can we not get along?

Latest articles