Is There Room for Gays in the "Land of the Free"? - Comments

  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I feel that gay are courageous, knowing that they will mostly likely be condemned by most Americans. I personally think it is none of anyones business who you're with. And even if you don't let them marry, it's not going to stop them from loving each other, so what are people trying to prove?

    I love that homosexuality has been depicted for thousands of years, there's art hanging in museums and drawn on cave walls depicting it, but it all of a sudden became a be problem for people. What is that? Their are so many more important things that should be worried about, but instead we have to put up with all these ignorant people who don't except it because they don't understand it.

    I hate how people say that the point of human sexuality is to continue the species. Well the thing is, it obviously is also human nature to be attracted to someone that is the same sex as you are. And it's not like everyone in the entire world is going to become gay and there won't be anymore babies any time soon.
    August 1st, 2009 at 06:49pm
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    Nicely written article. I liked the use of the National Anthem throughout; it was cool. :)

    Agreed, completely.
    I think you get why. :)
    June 19th, 2009 at 04:14am
  • LiGhTdArKnEsS

    LiGhTdArKnEsS (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree its not fair.The people with power have no right to tell us who we are or who we can and can not marry.Its just like in Russia where someone can't be emo/gothic.President Obama said ther needs to be change so why can't he change this.If a black man can be president gays and lesbians should be able to marry.
    March 18th, 2009 at 11:07pm
  • Leah...

    Leah... (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Ha.
    The people that voted for Gays to not get married didn't really do anything.
    I mean.
    Gays can still have sex.
    They can still be together.
    Yes, They do not have the right to marry anymore.
    But these people who voted on no Gay marriages -- Are still going to se them walking down the street holding hands. Still see them kissing. Still see them on T.V. or in the neighborhood.
    That's what I don't get.
    Can't these people who don't want Gays to marry just pay attention to their own families?
    And leave eveyone else alone?
    If Gays want to "Sin" then LET THEM.
    And technically misn't it sinning to not love all of God's "children"?
    Im not religious. But I pretty damn well know that God wouldn't want this.
    March 15th, 2009 at 07:43pm
  • jared leto

    jared leto (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This is really well written.
    If I remember correctly, isn't tere a seperation of church and state? I'm pretty sure that if a church doesn't want to marry two people it's supposed to be up to them.
    The government should have nothing to do with it.
    March 15th, 2009 at 07:02pm
  • colour me stupid

    colour me stupid (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    thank you so much =]
    i just realized there's a typo, it's supposed to say 280 million, not just 280 >_>
    March 15th, 2009 at 02:27am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This was a well written article.

    I don't think the government should have a right to say who can't marry who. It's not right that our government has taken away such a right to people who deserve it.
    March 14th, 2009 at 08:19pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I thought there was supposed to be a separation of church and state.

    It should be legal, and if a church doesn't want to marry someone, that's their problem, not the governments.
    March 14th, 2009 at 07:36pm
  • folk you please

    folk you please (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is a very well written article.
    I don't think the government should have any say in what gays can and cannot do.
    March 14th, 2009 at 07:19pm