Abortion: The Unbiased Opinion - Comments

  • oneway2thecross

    oneway2thecross (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm so against abortion! It's murder
    June 16th, 2009 at 02:08am
  • Lulu Falconeri

    Lulu Falconeri (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i'm not for abortion but i'm not against it either. to me it should be that persons choice, i don't think i can explain properly online though...
    June 12th, 2009 at 01:04am
  • SayMore

    SayMore (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Lustythong:

    I kind of think we do. The only way for people to really figure out their stance is through learning, and knowlegde, and hearing other people's thoughts on the topic. Abortion is a huge issue in the world. As in, it could probably solve most of the world's problems, which come from proverty, which come from overpopulation. So many people don't understand that. Which is why we need article, and then discussions about it. But if you really don't care about the future of your, well, entire world, then don't read the article. Nothing is forcing you.
    June 11th, 2009 at 03:57am
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [b]Ljung.[/b]:
    Thank you for clarifying.

    It reads like of 100 women, 75 abort because of responibility (or rather a wish to not have any) and 50 abort because of monetary issues.

    Good to know exactly what the author meant.
    June 10th, 2009 at 08:43pm
  • Lustythong.

    Lustythong. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think that we need another abortion article, to be completely honest with you.
    June 10th, 2009 at 06:52am
  • SayMore

    SayMore (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    The thing against adoption, is there are so many kids who don't get adopted. They just bounce around in foster care, or whatever, and that partly becuase the system is waaay fucked up. My neighbor just went through hell to adopt a kid who was wanted by the father (a convicted drug addict) and another family that had his siblings, but too many kids to really take on another one. So if you add all of the babies who were aborted into that system, where would we be now?

    As for abortion, in the words of the late George Tiller:
    “It is not unplanned pregnancy, it is unwanted motherhood that shipwrecks people’s lives. Make no mistake, this battle is about self-determination by women of the direction and course of their lives and their family’s lives. Abortion is about women’s hopes and dreams. Abortion is a matter of survival for women.”
    June 10th, 2009 at 03:20am
  • Trippy Coxalot

    Trippy Coxalot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    92
    Location:
    United States
    the only reason why abortions have declined is because all of the abortion doctors are terrified by pro-lifers. Dr. Tiller was just killed by a pro-lifer in church. he was also shot a while ago by a pro-lifer. abortion clinics are being bombed and abortion doctors are being murdered by psycho pro-lifers. pro-lifers don't support welfare that would support those mothers whom they forced to have the kid. in rape cases, the mother would want an abortion. when the mother's life is in danger because of the baby, she'd need an abortion. the baby could be born and have a shit life because of medical reasons. if the parents are humane, they'd end the pregnancy so the child wouldn't have to face the pain. also, women have the right to own their own fucking uteruses.
    June 10th, 2009 at 12:37am
  • lisamargaret

    lisamargaret (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    I appreciate the fact that you didn't go anti-abortion on this one. I know it's a matter of opinion, but when people are like 'if you get an abortion, you will go to hell' kind of thing, it really bothers me. I know that it's irresponsible of a woman to unintentionally get pregnant in the first place, but in all honesty, it should be her choice whether or not she wants to keep the baby or not. I know alot of people scream adoption, but why is it fair for a woman to have to go through the effects of pregnancy, and actually giving birth? Especially in the case of rape, where the child shouldn't have even been conceived in the first place. Before 13 weeks of pregnancy, the child is barely even human yet to begin with.

    Anyways, those are my thoughts. Good article, but I agree it was slightly hard to read with all of the facts.
    June 10th, 2009 at 12:12am
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    [b]nerdy:[/b] No, that's not what was meant. 3/4 of all the women who abort do so because a child would interfere with responsibilities. 1/2 of all women who abort say it's because they don't have the money.

    Both fractions are for all women, not either/or.
    June 9th, 2009 at 07:38pm
  • mannaquin

    mannaquin (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    It was good writing, but I agree with stereo skyline just a bit. I am pro-life.
    June 9th, 2009 at 06:29pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    It was very informative, but at the same time it was difficult to understand. For instance 3/4 + 1/2 = 1?
    June 9th, 2009 at 06:29pm
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This was kind of just spitting out facts. I got a little confused, because you went from statistic to statistic without elaborating or explaining. Maybe I'm just retarded, but it got kind of bothersome to read.
    June 9th, 2009 at 06:22pm