The Downfall of the Macbeths: A Psychological Perspective - Comments

  • enchantmentofwinter

    enchantmentofwinter (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    i like this.. i love macbeth and this was wow. i actually like how you linked the play with psychology. incredibly insightful.
    November 14th, 2010 at 02:21pm
  • Jet Star

    Jet Star (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I love this! Macbeth is one of my favorite plays, and it was interesting to see into Marybeth's motives!
    November 10th, 2010 at 12:56am
  • Farce.

    Farce. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I personally adored the subject of your article. I feel as if there should have been some brief examples given when you wrote about [i]“Lady Macbeth’s first impression is that she is ruthless, where as Macbeth appears loyal, making his wife appear as the initial antagonist. However, as Macbeth demonstrates, first impressions are often wrong.”[/i] It made me kind of wonder what happened and such. I wanted an example of how ruthless, how he appeared loyal, just something that pointed at that major statement. (This being a Shakespeare play I have not yet had the pleasure of delving into from an “English perspective”.)

    You then launched into the disorders that ailed Lady Macbeth. I feel as if I needed examples at that moment in the article. The random tidbit about Macbeth threw me. I thought the piece should have been placed a little lower. I liked how you later gave strong, valid examples a few paragraphs down about Lady Macbeth

    I liked your syntax. I think you could move around a few paragraphs and it would be fine. I loved the subject so much! Your ‘breakdown” made me desperately yearn to spend forever reading this play. You made it sound so beautiful in all it’s chaos.
    October 22nd, 2010 at 12:55am