Bullying - Comments

  • HeavensLittleDreamer

    HeavensLittleDreamer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Ireland
    That's the depressing part of it, you can't stop it, bullying is everywhere even in the workforce. I once got driven out of a job by a girl who just didn't like me, I never did a thing to her but when it concerns bullies you rarely do. They choose the ones they know they 'll get a reaction from.
    November 14th, 2010 at 02:13pm
  • I Wanna Be Sedated

    I Wanna Be Sedated (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    Sadly, bullying can never be stopped. It can be lessened, but certainly not 'stopped'. It's sad, but that's just how people are today.
    November 14th, 2010 at 06:34am
  • SarahHelenaSays;;

    SarahHelenaSays;; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree with this article one hundred percent, bullying is terrible after being bullied my entire school life, I left school and I lost a lot of friends doing it but I couldn't be happier where I am now as an apprentice hairdresser. I was lucky though, I did have a lot of friends to support me and be there for me.
    Good on you for posting about something so real.
    November 14th, 2010 at 12:20am
  • HeavensLittleDreamer

    HeavensLittleDreamer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Ireland
    I agree about trying to stand up for yourself first, I found in school that worked a whole lot better then going straight to a teacher.
    November 13th, 2010 at 02:40pm
  • Ariveria

    Ariveria (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    In that long... whatever it was I just left, I should've placed more emphasis on the fact that this article was very-well written. You did a great job, and it was an enjoyable read! Eye-opening to a good few people, I'm sure.
    November 13th, 2010 at 03:18am
  • Ariveria

    Ariveria (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Bullying is really a horrible thing, and I'm not at ALL proud of it, but back in like, elementary school, I did a little. I was some loser lackey kind of kid, going along with this real mean girl who was practically only nice to me. 4th grade, I finally realized how horrible it was, and apologized as sincerely as a 4th grader could to the girl I'd focused on, and we turned out to be best friends for a few years. The other one, the bully, just stopped talking to me.
    But yeah. Bullying should be reported, but I do have one pet peeve about this. At around the point of high school, maybe there's something different about how it should be handled. If the teen isn't able to handle it on their own, then there's nothing wrong with telling a teacher, but here's the thing-- just a few years later, not many at all, we're on our own. We are, for all intents and purposes, independent adults, and we have responsibility. And if we can't handle a high school bully (keep in mind, I KNOW there are exceptions, this is just a typical queen-bee witch/block-head jock), then what do we do? If we run to adults to solve everything, when will we learn how to handle people like that on our own, which we WILL have to do? When will we learn to step up and take control?
    If it's too serious to handle, well, we ARE still kids, and it's okay to go to an adult. But I just think we should carefully consider it before doing so, because it is good to be able to stand up for yourself. Learn to fly before being kicked out of the nest.
    November 13th, 2010 at 03:16am
  • Skela_chibi

    Skela_chibi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    Love this article something most of the kid and teen have to deal those thing everyday some people bully me all the time but the best thing i could do is ignore them and stay away from them as possible is like blocking someone on messenger but the best advice i can do is talk with someone that you can trust or a stranger
    November 13th, 2010 at 02:45am
  • XenaMikhala

    XenaMikhala (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    i think there should be some people to stop the bullying, and this is a great article ^^. i really think that people should stand up and tell an adult about the bullying.
    November 13th, 2010 at 01:39am
  • Cereal Killer

    Cereal Killer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    1 of 4 in their whole lives? Ha, yeah right, maybe 1 in 4 every day.
    November 12th, 2010 at 11:55pm
  • HeavensLittleDreamer

    HeavensLittleDreamer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Ireland
    I enjoyed this article and you touched on a vital point that is happening in schools right now and is gradually growing worse. As you said the school is afraid to go to the administration, more out of pride then anything else, no Principal wishes to admit there is bullying going on and he-she can't control it. I'm speaking from experience, bullied most my life because I was simply odd in people's opinion, when I spoke out my parents ignored me and sadly so did the teachers or their solution was to bring us to get are and 'make friends' adults don't always understand it doesn't work that way. One thing that helped me get through my miserable child-hood however, was, who cares what they think of me! The only opinion that matters is my own!
    But not everyone is that lucky, I know 2 people who commited suicide over bullying--The ones who weren't heard.
    November 12th, 2010 at 11:31pm
  • TheCoreysGirl

    TheCoreysGirl (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I like this article. It's very well-written, and very well-informed, too. :)
    November 12th, 2010 at 03:38am
  • sainted swan

    sainted swan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    If only there was a like button. (:
    <3
    November 11th, 2010 at 07:41pm