Teens Suicide - Comments

  • insane?

    insane? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    im sorry about the loss of your friend.
    August 26th, 2009 at 02:45am
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'm really sorry for your loss and I completely agree. I had a friend that tried, and thankfully failed to commit suicide, and the first thing they tried to do was get him commited to a physco institute. Again, thankfully he did not go. They make people think that these kids are horrible people or that they are super depressed, which is so unfair becuase they aren't even able to defend themselves.I also get what you mean about the counselors. We had like, seven come in after he tried to kill himself and I almost got into a screaming match with this guy becuase he said that my friend was depressed and isolated and that he he wasn't strong. I was so pissed to hear that. It's like, they think that just because they read a piece of paper about the person that died that they knwo them. And people alo say that they don't understand why their friends don't come to them, but that's the whole point, they don't feel comfortable. I think that if there were even just one place for anyone who is think about suicide to go to that has people who have actually tried to commit suicide over something, that the numbers would decrease. On top of that, people who have friends that tried to kill themselves should go as well so that everyone knows how everyone feels. I hate conselours that have no experience with human emotion and are just trying to get paid.

    Again, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you get throw it without much pain. Stay strong for yourself and everyone around you. Much love.
    July 16th, 2009 at 01:53am
  • MixedTape.

    MixedTape. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with this article

    My best friend was going to commit suiside last year and she didn't tell me about it until this year but she told me that tellingme about her depression probably saved her life.
    I am clinicly depressed but I hope I never would do something like this but it's always reasuring that I can just call her and she'll stop me from being an idiot.
    I guess we're kind of like each others support group...
    March 16th, 2009 at 03:14am
  • fall-from-a-star

    fall-from-a-star (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHpCzSZ_6I

    i think everyone needs to stick together to prevent suicide...

    xo
    July 8th, 2008 at 09:33pm
  • WickedRose

    WickedRose (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Teenage suicide seems to be on the increase, and you really have a point, I feel like adults, even my mum, just don't have a clue what they're talking about when they blame emo and depression, are they teenagers in modern society? Do they what we talk about whan they're not listening? Do they realise that none of My chemical romance's songs condone suicide, but songs like the black parade are about 'carrying on'?! No. Then how the hell should they know how we feel and who to blame.
    June 27th, 2008 at 09:00pm
  • Ballettgirl4544

    Ballettgirl4544 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I am flippin crying!!! I've read like four articles about suicide and I'm listening to songs about death and crap (well I'm listening to Flyleaf and Linkin Park). These things don't mix good together, and these articles are really getting me thinking...
    March 15th, 2008 at 08:33am
  • wishfulinsomnia

    wishfulinsomnia (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    My uncle shot himself a couple months ago. He's been fairly 'disowned' by my family. We used to bring him up all the time, but now he's taboo. Everyone just pretends like it never happened and it's awful.

    And if anyone is looking for anyone to talk to, Email jo@samaritans.org. The Samaritans is an organization that will let you talk anonymously about being suicidal- they're really helpful. I've talked to them before and they have literally saved my life.

    I'm really sorry about Ryan, but it's great that you wrote this. Because of you and Ryan, a lot of other people may stop themselves from dying.
    February 24th, 2008 at 11:34pm
  • emily.

    emily. (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    My parents split up tonight.

    And this article kinda helped. I dunno why.

    Thanks.
    February 22nd, 2008 at 12:58pm
  • rissaROMANCE.

    rissaROMANCE. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    i've lost two friends to suicide in the last year,
    one got high on pills and hung himself (james)
    the other... he cut his wrist in the bathroom above me.
    that was matt.
    i found both of them, and i cant forget their frozen, dead faces.
    i have suffered from depression, and one simple quote helped me save my friends and family the grief of a suicide.

    before you commit suicide, think who's gonna come in after you.
    February 11th, 2008 at 06:36am
  • iliveontightwadhill

    iliveontightwadhill (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree. I think there should be more help for those who are thinking of committing suicide, some were to go were they can talk to some one and not be judged. And for the people that are left behind, most of the time it comes as a shock, becuase most people who actually commit suicide don't mention it. I'm not sure why But for the people left behind they need better counsillers, people who will listen and actually help.

    I've been in the same position as you almost, my friend jumped in front a truck, except my other friend pulled them back just before. it was really hard for us to get a grip on the situation, and the what if? came into mind. But the worst bit was no one would tell us wether she was okay, and no one would listen to us, they didn't want to hear it.

    This is a good article
    February 3rd, 2008 at 07:02am
  • Fairytale

    Fairytale (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    One of my friends commited suiside. I didn't even see it coming. It hit me hard.
    January 31st, 2008 at 01:01am
  • skyrocket.

    skyrocket. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Canada
    I think teens are using suicide as an easier escape,
    even children with great lives are pointing pistols at their sculls.

    My best friend killed herself,
    It was one of the worst feelings in the world to realize that the reason you hadn't talked to her in a week was because she was dead.
    The suicide letter was the worst though, with implications of love, radiohead and tequila shots. I didn't ever want to smile again.

    My opinion on suicide has changed over the past year,
    sure, I still think its selfish, but because of Vallari, the word makes me nostalgic of a time when she was living, and frustrated at people who make light of it.
    January 28th, 2008 at 06:15pm
  • Shane Crump.

    Shane Crump. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    i'm doing my senior social action project on this... so i maybe able to use this a a soucre...
    January 17th, 2008 at 05:32pm
  • Deleted and lost

    Deleted and lost (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    It's ashame people do that to themselves because they are probley people who are loved by others.
    January 15th, 2008 at 01:08am
  • pickawiltedrose

    pickawiltedrose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I agree...
    My boyfriend had a bunch of friends who commited suicide.
    I'm very surprised he hasn't. He's been through even more than just that...
    And he doesn't believe me when I say I'd never kill myself.
    Truth be told, I don't completely believe myself.
    I think the only exception to me not doing it, would be if he killed himself.
    He's the thing that gets me through each day.

    They need more "groups" around for teens to share experiences like this.
    Sometimes, when you realize you aren't really alone, things get easier...
    January 12th, 2008 at 08:27am
  • whyamistillonhere

    whyamistillonhere (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    My uncle commited suicide over twenty years ago.
    The year before that my dad tried to commit suicide.
    January 10th, 2008 at 06:15am
  • Feeling Failure

    Feeling Failure (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Your absolutely right.

    I wish there I had someone to talk to about that sort of stuff.
    Your so right~
    January 9th, 2008 at 09:27am