Mitchell Adam Lucker: The Loss of a Hero

As all fans of the death metal band 'Suicide Silence' surely have heard, the frontman of the band passed away at the young age of 28, early this past Thursday, November 1st.

The accident occurred on the corner of Main and 13th Street in Huntington Beach, at about 8:55 PM Wednesday night. He was treated on-site, later to be delivered to the UCI Medical Center.

It had been said later by Jolie Lucker, his wife, that Mitch had struggled with alcoholism prior to his accident, and had left their house intoxicated on Halloween night; after trick-or-treating with Kenadee, his daughter. She had struggled to keep him in the house, aware of his state.

Jolie had followed him, concerned, all the way up their street. Though it had happened rather quickly, she had seen the accident happen. It would appear that Mitch had lost control of his black 2013 Harley Davidson, thus resulting into it hitting a pole, and him being thrust off the bike and into the street.

Being near a police station, emergency officials were called immediately.

After a series of surgeries, Mitchell Lucker was reported to have succumbed to his injuries.

On November 1st, fans of his band and musicians that had toured with him all over the world, shared their memories and pictures of him. It had been said that his last tweet on Twitter was a picture of him in skeleton makeup for Halloween, captioned "The dead are living."

The next night, approximately around the same time of the accident, a candlelight vigil was held for Mitch; on the corner of which the collision occured. Condolences were expressed to the Lucker family and friends of Mitch. Happy memories and words of inspiration were also present.

Mitchell Adam Lucker was famous for many things. Be it 'The Lucker Stomp', his kindness, or his memorable abilities as a loving father, music fans all over the world are sad to see him pass.

The candlelight vigil can be viewed here and the police report can be viewed here.

Latest articles