Zach Sobiech: Finding Hope Through Music

At 14, Zach Sobiech was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer. His outlook wasn't good and he wasn't given much time left, but he made the brave choice to make the most of what time he did have. Zach found his home in the world of music, forming a band with two of his friends, which they called A Firm Handshake.

When Zach turned 18, he was given just a few months to live and he wanted to use that time to say goodbye to everyone that he loved. Zach's desire to share his love cultivated in the creating of a song, which he titled "Clouds". The beautiful song says everything about Zach and his life and tells the story in a way that no other words could.

In just a few months, Zach created a moving song that is hard to forget. He used his musical talent to not only say goodbye, but also to bring awareness to his cause. Zach is a firm believer that people can be touched through music and hopes that others can find the same joy in music that he did.

Anyone interested in donating to the Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund can visit his website, which is supported by the Children's Cancer Research Fund. His cause is dedicated to funding research that will help to find a cure for those who are diagnosed in the future.

Latest articles