Violence In Band Lyrics - Comments

  • creature fear.

    creature fear. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I hate how everyone's acting like this is some sort of epidemic.

    Violent music, spreading everywhere and poisoning the minds of young adults.

    Music isn't meant to do that, as in it's not intended to.

    It's simply the emotions of the person that wrote it.
    July 23rd, 2008 at 02:38pm
  • Romance.

    Romance. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    It always strikes me as odd that people like my dad complain about how violent lyrics are and then go and listen to Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues, sample lyric: "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die".
    July 23rd, 2008 at 09:56am
  • Draco_Familiar

    Draco_Familiar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Violence was rooted deep into many songs of the past too. Think, Aerosmith, Janie's Got A Gun. Nuff said.

    No one seems to remember that all the stuff that's happening, isn't new! I challenge you to think something that's happening now, research, and tell me that there isn't something just like it from the last centry. Parents forget that the stuff they listened to, the stuff they did, and the stuff that happened to them when they were kids, were just as bad. Or maybe they think that their protecting us from their mistakes, and they don't relise that they can't. Besides, anyone who lets lyrics get to them so much that they commit suicide or random acts of violence probably do need a therepist, cause there's something deeper there. Violent kids do violent things. Suicidal people try to commit suicide, and so on. Music makes things better, not worse. If it is, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!
    July 23rd, 2008 at 02:06am
  • sexyvampyr

    sexyvampyr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Mexico
    i totally agree especially with that quote from Emil Nödtveidt, "it's every mans decision if they want to end their life, but it's not because of a bands lyrics they ultimately decide to do it. It's because of their own problems."
    it's kinda stupid that some people think that there are guys that if a song says jump off the window you do it because "the band said so" but if your mom tells you to idk... wash the dishes you just reffuse to do it... is senseless...
    July 22nd, 2008 at 01:09pm
  • Kyra

    Kyra (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I agree. This is also just another form of denying other people their right to speech. Let the bands to whatever the fuck they want with their lyrics! If you don't like it, then don't fucking listen to it...but don't deny other people the right to enjoy whatever these musicians have to offer.
    July 21st, 2008 at 09:14pm
  • Beating.Heart.Baby.

    Beating.Heart.Baby. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    NO WAY! Only an idiot would let a song tell tham what to do. You have to be smart and realize it's just art, someone else's opinion, used to explain how the felt at that moment they wrote the song. It's a compact disc, not an instruction booklet!
    May 25th, 2008 at 09:07am
  • BrionnaxROCKETSHIP

    BrionnaxROCKETSHIP (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    superb. article.
    April 13th, 2008 at 06:50am
  • Ballettgirl4544

    Ballettgirl4544 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is a great article and I agree with every word you said.
    March 27th, 2008 at 01:48am
  • StarkSpngledCap

    StarkSpngledCap (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    me too i hate that so much
    March 26th, 2008 at 05:48pm
  • zepher

    zepher (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Canada
    I hate it when people blame acts of violence on violent music. I listen to "violent" music all the time and it helps me to cope as you've said.
    I also think that most violent people go for violent music.
    March 24th, 2008 at 10:56pm