California to Reconsider Ban on Gay Marriage - Comments

  • Deathville

    Deathville (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    playingthesegames, i'm with jinxeh, coz i read heaps of books based in the medievil times and i can tell u that they were allowed yet discriminated agianst... in other words u were allowed to be with someone of the same gender yet you'd be teased and called names for it..but thats about as far as it gets...

    also, u might be able to teach ur kids that gay marriages are wrong but when they gain conscience they'll be in charge of their own thoughts... i for one was taught that gay marriages were going against god... but i never listened to that... i'm all for gay marriages, and i dont think the choice of who u marry should be a political issue...
    January 26th, 2009 at 01:06pm
  • WheresxYourxHeart

    WheresxYourxHeart (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    "The majority of the Californian people voted YES and Prop 8.
    Why?
    Because FIRST and SECOND GRADERS were going to be taught that gay marriage was acceptable against the will of their parents.
    The liberals that seized control of Califorina education said that no where in the official state standards does it say that marriage be taught.
    But 96% percent of school districts in the state require that a secton about marriage be taught to either 1st or 2nd graders.
    Parents shouldn't HAVE to have their kids brain washed."

    -gasp- Oh no! Small children being taught tolerance. The horror! By the way, if what you're saying has any logic behind it, then you were in fact "brain-washed" that blacks are equal and interracial marriage is okay and slavery is is wrong. Because, guess what? Once upon a time, there were douche bag parents who didn't want their children taught those things, either. But now we know better. People like you need to learn to move past your bigotry because guess what? Even if you don't, the world is going to do it for you.
    January 26th, 2009 at 03:39am
  • Bygeera

    Bygeera (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not suprised, California is a big joke that's going to fall off the earth in about 10 years.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 11:09am
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I assure you that they did, playingthesegames. Witches? No. Same-sex unions (which differed from marriages slightly, but were essentially the same thing)? Yes.

    The Internet. Google. Use them. You'll find that I'm right about this.
    December 12th, 2008 at 09:26am
  • Juggalette

    Juggalette (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    this is just messed up. So what does it matter if they are marrying another man or another woman? Is it really that big of a deal? They are people just like the rest of us and they deserve to have the same rights as us. I'm all for gay marriage because you know what, the only thing that matters in a marriage is love. If they love each other, let them get married. I give them all the major kudos in the world to fight for what they believe in and to not let themselves be silenced. Maybe my way of thinking is because I was raised to be accepting of other people, but I find no harm in this. Let them be who they are, let them have the same rights as us. There's no harm in it
    December 9th, 2008 at 02:01am
  • annoes

    annoes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Little kids believe everything you freaking say.
    If you tell them it exists and paint a beautiful picture of it (which is what most liberal techers do today anyways) them auotmatically they think it's wonderful.
    And I doubt people in the medeival period accepted unions betweens two people of the same gender.
    December 6th, 2008 at 12:53am
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    v How is simply being taught that gay marriage exists considered brainwashing?
    December 1st, 2008 at 10:52am
  • annoes

    annoes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    The majority of the Californian people voted YES and Prop 8.
    Why?
    Because FIRST and SECOND GRADERS were going to be taught that gay marriage was acceptable against the will of their parents.
    The liberals that seized control of Califorina education said that no where in the official state standards does it say that marriage be taught.
    But 96% percent of school districts in the state require that a secton about marriage be taught to either 1st or 2nd graders.
    Parents shouldn't HAVE to have their kids brain washed.
    November 29th, 2008 at 10:18am
  • Deathbat

    Deathbat (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    people shouldnt de discriminated foe what they believe
    November 28th, 2008 at 07:55pm
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    What's sad is that in medievil times, marriages/unions between two men or two women were commonplace and accepted by society.

    Basic laws and a decent social structure, we now have. Gay marriage? We're still working on that. Obviously [i]we've[/i] come far. Oi.
    November 21st, 2008 at 10:45pm
  • DoSomethingCRAZY!

    DoSomethingCRAZY! (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    one day gay couples well be able to get married.
    i think the next generation is very open-minded and use to gays and will pass a law or something saying its okay for them to get married.
    people are just very stupid these days. you cant control someone elses life, and you cant discriminate against them. thats the bottom line, yet they dont get that.
    but anyways, nice article.
    November 21st, 2008 at 10:38pm
  • Roshambo.

    Roshambo. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is just going to keep going. It's never going to end. No one is ever going to win in this fight because no one's willing to compromise on either side. Not to be pessimistic or anything but...complete toleration is just never going to happen.

    Maybe I'm wrong (and I sincerely hope that I am) and maybe this will change things for the better. If not completely, then at least overriding Prop 8 is a step in the right direction.
    November 21st, 2008 at 06:02am
  • William Beckett.

    William Beckett. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    They... ANNULLED ALL OF THE PREVIOUS MARRIAGES?

    THOSE F**KING BASTARDS!
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:28am
  • tweezers.

    tweezers. (600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I'm a Californian, and I can assure you, this [i]is[/i] going to get overturned, just like Prop 22 was. We may be a little slow, but we'll be damned if we let Massachusetts kick our ass.
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:10am
  • Bygeera

    Bygeera (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I'm still on the fence about it. A small part of me says its okay, but the majority of my thought process is going into old fashioned mode and saying that homosexuals getting married isn't right. I dont hate gay people, I have tons of gay friends, I'd just dont think the marriage thing is right.
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:09am
  • i'll_be_here

    i'll_be_here (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i'm from California and before the election i was really hoping we could be a leading state in this issue. that we could just leave these people alone and let them love each other. to me, California is supposed to be about diversity and i thought people would not pass prop 8. my school had a fake vote and it was wonderfully tilted to no on 8. people gave speeches in their history classes that were really inspiring. i think it's sad that it could even pass, but at least there will be more of the battle. i know a few bi people, i'm aware there are gay people at my school. i'm okay with that. yes on prop 8 ran a dirty, confusing campaign. people who voted yes sometimes thought they were voting yes on gay marriage instead of banning it. i was never taught about gay or straight marriage at my school. it's crazy to me that people think banning gay marriage will improve life for their children. this entire thing has turned into a religious fight. it's unethical prop 8 was ever even put on the ballot.
    November 21st, 2008 at 02:46am
  • xxBrokenxxSmilexx

    xxBrokenxxSmilexx (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    they need 2 stop being fickled + make up their minds
    November 21st, 2008 at 02:28am
  • taking back sunday.

    taking back sunday. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is so sad that people aren't allowing simple basic rights. So what if your marrying a woman or a man, when your a woman or man? Its the same as if that woman or man marries a man or woman. IT DOESNT MATTER!

    Marrige means that you love someone so much you want to make it leagal. And I believe that these couples are very happy. So whats the problem!?
    November 21st, 2008 at 01:56am
  • horsie890

    horsie890 (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    The whole Prop 8 thing is really starting to get on my last nerve. First they legalize it, then they ban it, and now they want to legalize it again. Why can't people make up their minds?
    November 21st, 2008 at 12:50am
  • Audrey T

    Audrey T (6730)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Nice article. You're won of the few writer on Mibba who site your sources. Kudos.

    I live in California right now but unfortunately I can't vote since I'm not a resident. I really hope the new hearing goes well and the outcome turns out better for the LGBT community.
    November 21st, 2008 at 12:20am