Freedom for All? - Comments

  • Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it. I'm going into journalism once I get out of high school and I'm editor of my school's paper so it's great to have a place to post this
    October 20th, 2010 at 12:36am
  • This is a very good article and I'm glad to find such a clear-sighted and unbiased opinion.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly and I would just like to add that, as for that site being hallowed ground, what about when cars drive by Ground Zero. They're driving on the ground where so many people were dead and dying and so many families were torn apart. I'm not saying that people should forget what happened-- not at all-- but the physical land has nothing to do with the memory of the victims.
    October 8th, 2010 at 01:15am
  • Very good article, I agree with it completely! I think the Muslim-Americans should be able to build there. It's not like they're going directly where the towers were and building on it, they're a couple blocks away for pity's sake.
    October 3rd, 2010 at 06:42pm
  • I agree that they should be allowed to build wherever they want. HOWEVER, two things bother me about this: (1) To be honest, that site technically should be considered hallowed ground. They found a fair number of bodies (and body [i]parts[/i]) strewn on that property and the victims' families feel that building [b]anything[/b] on that land is insulting. (2) I'm all for building it, but I feel like it's still too soon. Wait another five years maybe, when it's farther behind us. Other than that though, I agree wholeheartedly. Good article too, by the way.
    October 1st, 2010 at 06:59am
  • It's not often that you see a good editorial piece on Mibba, but this was definitely one. It was really good.
    Also, you're right about there being Muslim-American victims in the 9/11 attack. I found a partial list of them once and when I find it again, I'll PM it to you. If I haven't done it in the next couple days, and you really want to see it, PM me to remind me, lol.
    September 25th, 2010 at 12:00am