Yale Student Induces Miscarriages For "Art" - Comments

  • electricgirls.

    electricgirls. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is like somebody killing an old man for a sample of his blood to paint with for the sake of "art."
    Art is such a loose term now. I could paste a picture of a flower in the middle of a white paper and I'd have people call it "a great example of artistic expression." Sad, really.
    July 18th, 2008 at 09:56pm
  • soft rains.

    soft rains. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I highly doubt she actually did it.
    That being said, she suceeded in making us talk about it.
    It wasn't a very normal way to do it, but normalcy is overrated.

    I'm not supporing this, I just think she acheived her goal.
    July 7th, 2008 at 10:47pm
  • Squirrely.Kassi

    Squirrely.Kassi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I think they don't need to ruin the name of Art... Their lame excuse of it being ART is dumb, they give Artists a bad name... -kassi
    June 26th, 2008 at 11:28pm
  • Technibabble

    Technibabble (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    "Obviously, this project has gained much criticism and controversy, most notably from Wanda Franz, president of the National Right to Life Committee, who declared that Shvarts a serial killer with “major mental problems”, and compared the project to Nazi experiments during the Holocaust."
    Said exactly like a Nazi Right-to-Lifer. D:<


    That being said, if she reallt DID do it, even in the name of art, its a little...odd.
    June 4th, 2008 at 02:26am
  • dude imma skeleton!

    dude imma skeleton! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Ummm i thought none of this ever took place and it was just words and such to see how people would react
    June 1st, 2008 at 08:03am
  • sansa.

    sansa. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    i can see why a lot of people will hate her for doing this, but seriously?
    she's not a murderer. because embryos are only lumps of cells.
    and because it relies on its mother to survive, it's basically a parasite.
    i know a lot of people will hate on me for saying that babies are parasites,
    but i'm not saying that. i'm saying that babies are not 'alive', as such, and she therefore can't be a murderer.
    but she got us talking, which in some ways, was her goal.
    i don't think she went around making people debate this subject in the right way,
    but it seems to have worked.
    May 28th, 2008 at 03:06am
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Bollocks. Was it hell performing. That girls a murderer. I hope when she comes to have her own kid, it's all deformed and mutant!
    May 26th, 2008 at 08:00pm
  • EeVie !

    EeVie ! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Killing someone or pretending that you did is not art. Its murder.
    May 21st, 2008 at 07:09am
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Okay, the lady has a few issues.
    I think we can all say that.
    I don't think your body can actually take too many pregnancies over a short period of time.
    Plus miscarriages can f*ck up your innards.
    So, somehow, I don't think she actually did it.
    Most likely what I think she did was make models of fake babies and pretend they were miscarried or summat like that.
    And I agree with Sylvie, no homophobia, racism or sexism please.
    May 2nd, 2008 at 08:07pm
  • Frankiesmypansy

    Frankiesmypansy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Well as a citizen of the United States she has every right to do with her body as she wishes; however, I believe that this is disgusting and a complete disregard for the young not yet developed life that was trying to grow inside her.

    How exactly did this woman impregnate herself? Does the male (if she didnt go to a donor) know that his future child was mutilated for 'art'.
    April 26th, 2008 at 05:50am
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    My issues are more with the comments. First. No calling women fags. Not only does it make no sense at all, it's also a very offensive term for gay men and it ANNOYS me. Unless of course you meant cigarette. Which also doesn't make any sense...

    "If it is for all it is not art, if it is art it is not for all."

    I can't remember who said that, but I don't like what she did, and I suppose that means it's art. However, miscariages can be rather harmful to you mentally and abusing your body like that has got to mess with your systems some. So good luck to her. I hope she doesn't have a mental breakdown later.
    April 24th, 2008 at 11:36am
  • Cannibal

    Cannibal (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Australia
    This was just disgusting, I really do not think this way anything amazing. She killed and said it was art, flat out.
    April 23rd, 2008 at 06:40am
  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Whether this is performance art or not, my mouth dropped while reading this.

    Sorry, but i don't see what's so "amazing" about what this person did. I think it's a bit disturbing. =/
    April 23rd, 2008 at 04:34am
  • Conspiracy-x

    Conspiracy-x (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    What she did is amazing. I'm completely with her on this.
    I'm for abortion, since I believe that it is up to the mother what she wants to do with her body up until the baby is actually out of her.
    Whether she really did get abortions or not, I still think that she's doing something incredible.
    April 23rd, 2008 at 04:20am
  • Rick Astley

    Rick Astley (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Australia
    ALSO,
    Doing further research, Yale was indeed just bullshitting us. She made a statement saying that the Yale officials had made their statement without even talking to her about it.

    Guys, she really did it. Don't believe everything you read.
    April 23rd, 2008 at 02:51am
  • Rick Astley

    Rick Astley (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Australia
    the endless,

    It was a joke. Hence the smiley. I know the internet is srs bsnss but please, don't take everything so seriously.
    April 23rd, 2008 at 02:48am
  • xCupcakexCorpsesx

    xCupcakexCorpsesx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    40
    Location:
    United States
    lmao.

    that's so awesome.
    I want to do something like that someday.
    except when I have all the miscarriges,

    I WILL USE THE FETUSES TO BAKE AH CAKE!!!
    April 23rd, 2008 at 02:08am
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, what a fag. Why hasn't she been locked up?
    April 23rd, 2008 at 01:51am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Beautiful Casualty, not all women have that 'nurturing' instict.

    Miss Anne Thrope, oh yes calling us stupid will so get us to listen to you. Honestly. And there can be women who are nurturing and tough at the same time.

    There is no proof she has mental problems, for all we know she could be sane and maybe all she wanted was to make a difference in the world and from what I see here. She's accomplished that in some ways.
    April 23rd, 2008 at 12:20am
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    For the last time, you stupid people! There is NO PROOF that she has mental problems! You guys saying that she does are biggoted and biased in your opinions. (Not that there is such thing as a non-biased opinion, but TOO biased.)

    "In our nature to be caring."

    Pfft. Give me a break. I, for one, am a woman and I am the opposite of "nurturing". You know, if you think about it, that's a bit borderline sexist saying that all women are nurturing and we can't be tough. There were and are many tough women out there. Not all of us are nurturing.
    April 22nd, 2008 at 11:39pm