The Cruelty of Animal Testing - Comments

  • Hey it's 3D-T!

    Hey it's 3D-T! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This sounds like you let your emotions get the best of you. I don't think it's okay for someone to post rants on a site where the articles are supposed to be legitimate, informative articles. Now, this article is DEFINITELY informative, but I find it truly hard to believe that it's legitimate. Please rely on more than just PETA (or other organizations like it) to supply you with information about animal cruelty, because it's become almost a universal fact that PETA is a sham. The reason I'm kinda mad is because some of these people reading this article are actually believing you, because they're LIKE you: they didn't look into the subject themselves. I'm sorry if i offended you, but I'd really appreciate if you would go research animal testing (not online, but go to an actual laboratory, because, normally, that's what people who write articles do BEFORE they write) and reevaluate your predisposed beliefs.
    March 23rd, 2011 at 12:46am
  • november rain;

    november rain; (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Malaysia
    I agree with Loor, nearly headless., JohariTheCrazy, PeaceOnEarth :D, tundragoddess and Night's Vision. I'm not going to say anything more because I honestly don't know much about this topic.

    But from reading this article, I feel like you don't know [i]exactly[/i] what you're talking about; like you don't know the scientific facts behind what you're saying. For instance, the organ-cloning thing. I think you should've expanded on that and gave some more solid examples/proof, because otherwise it sounds like you're just making assumptions to me.

    But like I said before, I don't know much about this topic. I'm just telling you what I felt based on your article.
    February 1st, 2011 at 12:18pm
  • Titan320

    Titan320 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Im going to have to go with GoddessxOfxChaos on this one.
    October 31st, 2010 at 06:16pm
  • LVH101

    LVH101 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I cant believe that this is actually happening people cutting open animals like they are some type of cake this is ridiculous and shouldn't be happening.
    October 23rd, 2010 at 10:58pm
  • JohariTheCrazy

    JohariTheCrazy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    As an afterthought after reading other comment: How can so many people think what they do? EVERYONE has taken medication at one point or another Without testing, that little pill that got rid of your fever or helped with your cold may not have been possible, or may not have been developed nearly as fast. So, you people hate medicine or something? Animals aren't freakin' cut open screaming and thrashing. Some very immoral people DO use this practice, but it is a pretty widely accepted fact that the media likes to create drama and only focuses on the bad, not the good.
    September 12th, 2010 at 09:43pm
  • JohariTheCrazy

    JohariTheCrazy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    While I do agree that some testing is cruel and immoral, let us look at this in a more practical light: Yes, testing cosmetics of animals is just plain sick I don't give a damn if my base doesn't run if a little cat was harmed/killed making it. Makeup is a superficial, vain WANT, not a NEED. But medication is a NEED, if we want to keep humans alive. SO while I do agree that testing CAN be to violent/harmful, it is necessary when it comes to medicine. Testing in humans would be even more inhumane. What if we couldn't run tests for medication to treat cancer, or AIDS?
    September 12th, 2010 at 09:35pm
  • rissnd

    rissnd (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Animal cruelty and animal testing can be two different things. Not all testing is as horrific as described. I am a huge activist to put chimpanzees in the human "category" of life. So they may never be tested on again. Chimpanzees have this ability to think, love, and feel. While rodents have never been proven to be capable to feel, use tools, ect. Mice and rats have such similar make up as human beings, testing on rodents has allowed us to create many forms of medication and techniques of surgery. Not all animal testing should be banned, just the cruelty. Many labs can change their ways of testing to make the tests safer and more comfortable for the animals. To fight against something as huge as animal testing, you compromise. Change the horrifics, but allow the small good that comes from the testing.
    September 3rd, 2010 at 06:59pm
  • now i'm fearless;;

    now i'm fearless;; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Barbados
    I could only read the first paragraph.
    It was too depressing.
    I had a pet monkey, he was a baby.
    So when he got old enough to be let out, we gave him to our zoo.
    And they had more baby monkeys, and they told us that he'd be out in a big cage with the other monkeys and live happily and stuff.
    A week later we found out they took those monkeys and sold them to this place where they experiment on them.
    I cried. :|

    So anyways, I completely agree and think we should sue them for animal abuse :)
    September 1st, 2010 at 02:59am
  • NeverLetYourHeartWin

    NeverLetYourHeartWin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I Agree 100% Animal Testing Is Horrible And Should Be Stopped!
    September 1st, 2010 at 02:03am
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Not to mention zombies.

    v.
    August 31st, 2010 at 05:43am
  • nearly headless.

    nearly headless. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I agree that animal testing is cruel, but what is the other option? How would we know if any medicines worked? Human DNA and animal DNA is actually quite similar in many ways. If we tested on humans, millions of people would riot and there would actually be the risk of mass chaos and death.
    August 31st, 2010 at 04:25am
  • typhlophile

    typhlophile (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you so much for writing this! I agreed 110% with you! :) Awesome job. I'm so glad people are taking a stand for animals. That's another reason I vote for vegetarianism. :) LOVE ANIMALS!
    August 31st, 2010 at 01:02am
  • Cruciatus

    Cruciatus (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you for writing this. =) I wrote a speech on animal testing las school year. My speech got the most attention from the class and made people realize it is wrong. I agree with this completely. I showed some of my peers pictures of what they do. It opened their eyes. I do think all of the tests are horrible! Especially the vivisections!
    August 30th, 2010 at 10:31am
  • Octopi3s

    Octopi3s (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I love this article It's my favorite so far. I am against it. Free The animals.
    August 30th, 2010 at 03:09am
  • radical

    radical (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    "they now can sort of clone an organ and safely test on that."

    you sound unsure.
    when writing an article you need to be a little more sure of yourself, and use more professional wording.

    otherwise, well informed article.
    August 29th, 2010 at 01:38pm
  • PeaceOnEarth :D

    PeaceOnEarth :D (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I agree that animal testing is wrong, but you have to understand that if it is not tested on animals, then it can hurt humans. What would you rather have a mouse die, or a mother that has 2 kids and no husband?
    In a way, its very wrong but at the same time its not. I think you should look more into this before writing anymore articals like this one.
    I mean say this out of respect so please dont get offended.
    August 29th, 2010 at 04:56am
  • Farce.

    Farce. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    PETA is one of the biggest animals killers ever. They have spent more money the rehabilitate prisoners than they have to help prisoners.
    August 29th, 2010 at 04:31am
  • Drink Me.

    Drink Me. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Yemen
    @FloralTiara
    please please please look more into PETA. Honestly they are a bunch of hypocrites who says animal cruetly is wrong and then they turn around and kill hundreds upon hundreds of animals. It's sickening!
    August 28th, 2010 at 10:40pm
  • Light.Eyed.Dreamer.

    Light.Eyed.Dreamer. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is so unnecessary. We should ban this stuff.
    August 28th, 2010 at 09:27pm
  • Rose09

    Rose09 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I completley agree with you 100% that animal testing is wrong and what I don't understand is why animals get used for make- up and hair products and such when we are the one's who want to use it. It is just completley cruel!
    August 28th, 2010 at 08:38pm