Matt Cooke Is Suspended - Comments

  • burghfan58

    burghfan58 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @meeker16 I totally agree that controversal hits make the game awesome. Even though we have know lost Cooke to the Wild I will still defend him. That hit was worth being thrown out of the game, not the rest of the season. The Savard hit was worse and did more damage. If anyone else elbowed McDonagh, they would've only been tossed out for the game. The NHL is targeting Cooke because he is a repeat offender. Well, there are newer (and not so new) players who you should be watching out for. There are tons of questionable hits in hockey. That is what makes the game 10 times more interesting. Maybe the NHL should discuss more throughly on these types of hits and not just go after Cooke but look at other players (not going to name names). Punishments should have more consideration than "Oh, he's done this a few times before and this isn't bad but let's suspend him anyways."
    August 9th, 2013 at 11:30pm
  • meeker16

    meeker16 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    yeah they could hve won but he wasnt there he is there main player on the ice they depend on him too much they need to strt building up there defense in order to stop depending on him so much on the ice... they need more hustling forward's on the ice... AND CONTROVERSAL HITS IS WHAT MAKES THE GAME AWESOME... SO THERE...... :P
    June 14th, 2011 at 05:02am
  • Caputi Or Bust;

    Caputi Or Bust; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Overall, I agree with what you've written. The only part that irks me is the "The Pens would have won that game if they had Cooke". Even though Cooke is a hustling forward, I don't think the overall outcome of the game would have ultimately be decided by his presence.

    Anyways, I applaud the league for finally stepping up and doing something about controversial hits instead of just promising they'll do something in the near future. (Even if I back Cookie 100% on anything he does.)

    Very good job on the article. :)
    March 27th, 2011 at 04:28pm
  • lillian;

    lillian; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    I'm a Penguins fan, always have been, and even I agree that Cooke's suspension was warranted. After his Captain being crippled from a hit don't you think he would have stopped these antics? Hockey is hockey, fights and body checks happen. It's part of the game, it's expected. What isn't expected however are dirty hits, dirty tactics, and hits that leave players unable to play.

    Hopefully this isn't just a one time thing, harsher punishments for head shots are needed.
    March 27th, 2011 at 05:23am
  • sharpedo

    sharpedo (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Someone always deletes my Author's notes..
    Anyway, I want your opinions, I worked hard on this; so give 'em up.
    Was the suspension too light? Too heavy? What should have or should not have been done? Again, if you wanna tell me you hated it, and that I'm a sucky writer, I'll appreciate it. There is no bad publicity. :) And thank you all for reading.
    March 26th, 2011 at 10:05pm