What PETA Really Stands For - Comments

  • Mallory Mallibu

    Mallory Mallibu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    39
    Location:
    Japan
    PETA's pros out weigh the cons.
    And your article is not driving vegans or protesters away from PETA.
    September 20th, 2009 at 01:01am
  • Screaming Profanity

    Screaming Profanity (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    People Eating Tastey Animals---I am all for it.
    August 17th, 2009 at 05:46am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Doesn't PETA do good things as well?
    July 27th, 2009 at 04:11am
  • FangsUpCobraStyle

    FangsUpCobraStyle (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    I can't wait until PETA ceases to exist. Then everyone's going to have to find something else to complain about.
    July 21st, 2009 at 09:54pm
  • Skela_chibi

    Skela_chibi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    right now im confuse even im part of peta2
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:28pm
  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    In this world the only way to get noticed is to do something big and let nothing stand in your way, and PETA's willing to do that.
    June 17th, 2009 at 02:24am
  • sylvia wrath

    sylvia wrath (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Isn't one bad example enough? So there's only one actual documentation of an animal getting slaughtered with a baseball bat or a chicken getting stepped. If it can happen once, it can happen again. If the same thing were to happen to say - a puppy, or a human even, one bad example would be enough for the majority of viewers to boycott something.
    Why is it so different with something that you want to eat? Human beings are in denial. Most of us don't want to face that facts - learning something that might make us shy away from our usual, comfortable way of living is hard, but sometimes it is necessary.
    Maybe PETA has made some wrongs - a lot of them, actually. But why is it that no one ever touches down on what they have done right? It's one way or no way with articles like this, and it's not shedding light on much. It's just kind of only mentioning the facts that support your opinion.
    June 14th, 2009 at 08:00pm
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Hmm…I didn't know that. Someone at my school is a strong PETA supporter. I doubt he knows this. Well, there's an organization for me never to support…
    May 18th, 2009 at 02:41am
  • Hell_raiser

    Hell_raiser (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    94
    Location:
    United States
    -claps- ^_^ the article is good and im very happy you posted this. lol im suprised someone posted this with all the peta supporters roaming around
    May 7th, 2009 at 06:40pm
  • Shark

    Shark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Singapore
    Whoa. And to think I actually supported PETA in the past? Dude, that is messed up.

    You're right though. Now that you mentioned it, I realized that these protestors are using VIOLENCE. No point really.
    May 7th, 2009 at 10:29am
  • Scriddle

    Scriddle (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    interesting article. I applaud you for writing about a sensitive topic like this that is (as I can see by reading comments) bound to piss off a lot of people. Buy hey, you wrote well and that's important. I liked your use of facts and quotes, making your article very easy and interesting to read. :D
    April 23rd, 2009 at 05:16pm
  • n0thing

    n0thing (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    I don't know if you saw this but you should watch it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY
    February 27th, 2009 at 10:51pm
  • Crayons

    Crayons (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree with this article. Animal Rights protesters, whenever they protest, always have violent protests. Have you ever heard of a peaceful animal rights protest? They do always twist their stories to make people believe what they want to believe.

    As for vegeterianism, vegeterianism in it's self is hypocritical. Largely because vegeterians still eat dairy products. Take beef, for example. You have dairy cows, which are obviously female. They need to have calves to produce milk. If the calf is a girl, she will become a dairy cow. But if the calf is male, he will either grow up and be used to impregnate the dairy cows, or, more likely, they will be killed and used for meat. Vegetarians may save a calf's life, but they still consume milk. The farmer still needs to produce milk, so he still needs a calf, but what's he then going to do with this calf? There'll be no milk for it to drink.

    I come from a remote place in Scotland. Water voles are native to Scotland, but they are now endangered. They are endangered becasue of minx, which are not native to scotland. They are more minx in this country now because animal rights protestors released them from places that made minx fur clothing.

    I could rant for so much longer, but I don't think it's really worth it.
    October 25th, 2008 at 10:37pm
  • two moons.

    two moons. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    That sounds so messed up. o_o; I'm not sure whether to believe it or yell at you. I understand the whole 'no fur coats' and animal rights bunch, but what's with the fight for vegetarianism?

    Animals (including humans) have been killing each other for millenia, just to get food. It's not going to change any time soon. I happily eat meat, red or otherwise. It's called the circle of life. ):

    This article was quite fantastic, and the animal shelter part was pretty heartbreaking. It saddens me to see so many domesticated animals left out on the street. I blame Christmas.
    August 28th, 2008 at 10:37pm
  • PhilosophicalSilence

    PhilosophicalSilence (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is fucking bull shit!
    Peta has saved 99% of those animals!
    NO inclyuding the hundred animals each vegetarian saves each year!
    Bull shit!
    August 3rd, 2008 at 02:28pm
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Hey, everyone who thinks animal testing is "alright" when done for medical research, why don't you look up the facts. Did you know they found a cure for cancer? Yeah! But it doesn't work on humans because they tested it on rats successfully first. We have different genes from rats and other animals. And, I will admit, rats have 99% of our genes, but that 1% is a lot.

    92 out of 100 drugs that were successfully tested on animals were unsuccessfully tested on humans. And over 100,000 humans DIE every year because the drugs were thought usable just because of the fact it worked on animals. We even have cheaper, and more accurate ways to test for drugs and diseases but for some reason people seem to love to harm animals. A majority of medical breakthroughs were either done in a medical clinic (no animals tested on), or on ACCIDENT. Yeah. Very few diseases and medical breakthroughs were tested on animals first because of the fact that they are over half of the time inaccurate.
    July 21st, 2008 at 05:43pm
  • TristSaysStfu

    TristSaysStfu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, I understand that the thing about the dogs is bad.. but the other stuff?? I don't know.. well, about the girl who tried killing Leon Hirsch.. why doesn't he deserve to die??? I almost wish she did kill him.. how come humans get killed for killing and turturing other humans, but when humans abuse animals, nothing happens to them? It's like saying, "go ahead, kill them. We're more imporant anyway." But we're not, in any way.. And about the slaughter houses, OK, so maybe it doesn't happen to every animal, but it happens to enough animals to be concerned about. But I don't think they're paying the slaughter houses themselves, just empolees to steal the tapes, so that's not helping them, it's hurting. Sometimes shock tatics is the only way to get a reaction out of the people.. some things they do are bad, but maybe we shouldn't condem them for those things.. (oh yeah, and when I read the thing about the groups that break into labs and steal the animals, that's so awesome!! They're saving the animal's lives, what could be so bad about that??)
    July 19th, 2008 at 07:52pm
  • Nessakinns

    Nessakinns (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I can not believe this! PETA!? I am so not a fan of them. I love animals and if they are just going to do that than why let them continue!? We need a better orginization that will actually make animal right fair unlike PETA!
    July 16th, 2008 at 07:07pm
  • Vicious Tyrant

    Vicious Tyrant (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    What has this world come to? PETA isn't PETA, and one "no kill" animal shelter? You have got to be kidding.
    July 16th, 2008 at 06:00pm
  • baconsoap.

    baconsoap. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love this article.
    Finally someone is bringing out the truth.
    :)
    July 6th, 2008 at 05:45am