Randy Pausch: Rest In Peace

Randy Pausch: Rest In Peace This morning, on July 25, 2008, Randy Pausch died from pancreatic cancer at the age of 47. He was surrounded by his three children and his wife, Jai Pausch. Randy Pausch was a college professor. He was widely known for his famous book, "The Last Lecture." He gave this lecture and it was videotaped and put on the Internet, including You Tube, where it was viewed over three million times.

Pausch hired some of the best doctors, but there simply wasn't anything they could do. The pancreatic cancer had spread too far. Randy was given three to six months to live. He was certainly not unprepared. Instead of becoming discouraged by his time running out, Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own goals and succeed in their careers. Because of this, many people have become inspired by his positive view on life.

Randy has appeared on The Oprah Show, written a book, and has delivered a message to the United States Congress. I strongly reccomend that you watch his lecture. Pausch did not give the day away, he owned it. This goes to show that if he can achieve so much in a short amount of time, think of what you could do with a whole lifetime. Live every day like it is your last.

To honor Randy Pausch, Good Morning America will be showing a tribute on both July 28 and July 29. On July 29, ABC's prime time will be showing "The Last Lecture" at 10:00 p.m. Rest in peace.

Latest articles