Ban The Books - Comments

  • Felidae Evol

    Felidae Evol (455)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Link doesn't work anymore. XD
    July 19th, 2009 at 08:01am
  • Vicious.

    Vicious. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Lebanon
    Geez, I wrote a three page paper on this subject in 8th grade. Banning books is totally against the constitution. It's taking away the author's freedom of speech. I believe it is the reader's (or reader's parent's) job to decide what they should or shouldn't read.
    September 27th, 2008 at 09:07pm
  • IAin'tEasyToForget

    IAin'tEasyToForget (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Okay, if your kid is reading something you don't want them to read, tell them. Don't ban the book. It's practically taking away a freedom of literature. We're allowed to write what ever we want. People get so controlling over these things, next thing you know, 'The Color Purple' will be banned from schools for racism.
    July 18th, 2008 at 05:22pm
  • Nimm meine Hand

    Nimm meine Hand (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    What is really the point in banning books? I read somewhere on the website that one of the books is "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry" which describes life as a free black family still living in the racist south. It was banned for "insensitivity, racism and offensive language." Total morons! That is why Mildren D Taylor wrote the freaking book! People are afraid of letting people see the truth.
    All of these books have important lessons to be learned.
    and I personally think it would be alot more comfortable to learn about what others can do then go into the real world not knowing anything about real life.
    July 17th, 2008 at 11:26pm
  • Every..Single..Beat

    Every..Single..Beat (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Malta
    Books shouldn't be banned
    Don't read them if you don't like them
    June 30th, 2008 at 12:24pm
  • The Sacrifice

    The Sacrifice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Okay if people dislike certain books then don't read them.
    I enjoy reading and most people I know read hate it but they don't stat a anti-book thing.
    That is the most stupid thing i've ever seen.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 12:19am
  • x.Lost.Soul.x

    x.Lost.Soul.x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. They encourage us to read, yet ban certain books? In my opinion, you shouldn't ban any book, because they all contribute to the knowledge of literature in some way or other.
    March 17th, 2008 at 01:26am
  • The lightbulb broke.

    The lightbulb broke. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    96
    Location:
    United States
    This is crap, they should be encouraging us to read, what more is going to turn us off reading and learning than taking away the few books that are actually interesting. I go to a very gritty school. You are given the responsibility of picking out a book for yourself. Screw everything else, they have no idea how every single "young reader's" mind works.
    March 11th, 2008 at 01:05am
  • Disenchanted Evening

    Disenchanted Evening (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I didn't even know they were banning books for homosexuality. That's messed up. What about kids that'll question their sexuality? Wouldn't the books help them discover themselves?
    March 7th, 2008 at 01:36am
  • xXxDeadlySilencexXx

    xXxDeadlySilencexXx (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    If childern are to grow in to adults how are they supposed to do that when things that have been giving them knowledge for centuries are banned, if they are going to find out about this stuff evenutally why not do so in a safe environment from a safe sorce.
    January 18th, 2008 at 12:24pm
  • Snow White

    Snow White (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    this is incredibly stupid. I clicked the link to that site and most of the books were banned because they had homosexuality in it! The top banned book of 2006 was a book about two male penguins who saved an egg and took care of it! This is stupid censorship and it's wrong.
    January 2nd, 2008 at 09:01am
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    If people have a problem with books and its contents, they shouldn't read it and spoil it for everyone else.
    October 26th, 2007 at 12:04am
  • Ms. Mothersound

    Ms. Mothersound (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    hell, if they're doing that in for books...they'd hate this site! It's got homosexuality written in almost every story, poem and journal on here! I believe that banning books is a waste of time. They know damn good and well that once they ban a book here, its going to probably be avaliable someplace else.

    Try, try, try again, succeed not, live and let die...I say.
    October 21st, 2007 at 02:27am
  • Musictech317

    Musictech317 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i truly agree with lorettaleach. I mean not alot of kids nowa days are reading alot u know being caught up on the computer and video games and TV. i mean my cousin dose nothing but go on the computer or what ever and watch mtv, i love her but its sickening that thats all that kids like her and other do nothing but that. I seriously think that there should be a law or a rule against that or something. i seriously think that theres something wrong with banning books. and yeah like loretta said reading a book that might have been banned could have changed some ones like in a positive matter. and they say creativity is always a good thing and not to squash it. Well that right there. Banning books is exactly the opposite. Hypocritical..... I still think its wrong..
    October 16th, 2007 at 03:24am
  • Suffocating Hearts

    Suffocating Hearts (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Loretta, how can you encourage us to read but ban the very things that we might find interesting? Some of the reasons are out right crazy! I had to research censorship on music for an essay I did in Language Arts, I must've found three pages of articles on books being banned left and right in schools.

    I think kids and parents should have a say no matter what, not just schools trying to do 'what's right'.
    October 7th, 2007 at 07:47am
  • Malignancy.

    Malignancy. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    My school had a Banned Book Week and I had a banned book checked out from a public library. I was suspended for a week or until the book was banned from the library. >.>
    October 6th, 2007 at 01:20pm
  • LorettaLeech

    LorettaLeech (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Banning any book is shameful. How can this country encourage kids to read yet ban certain ones and tell them they are out of reach? What one person finds objective could change another persons life in a positive manner. No one should have this type of power to set what is off limits.
    October 6th, 2007 at 11:52am
  • violent_red

    violent_red (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    We actually took it upon ourselves to read the banned books list for our classes when i was in high school. i think that banning these books take away from the realities of life away from the kids who need to learn it. it will be a shocker when this stuff actually happens
    October 6th, 2007 at 06:46am
  • Clowns.

    Clowns. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    looking at that list, I saw that Of Mice and Men has featured for a few years but not this year, although in england, that book's a key GCSE english coursework book.
    and I'm ashamed by the amount of books banned for homosexuality
    October 6th, 2007 at 02:40am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I have never heard of this! What the fruit?
    Better not, literature is a beautiful thing. It is what keeps children sane.
    This is a load of bull.
    October 5th, 2007 at 05:21am