A 7 Year Old and 4 Year Old To Be Wed? - Comments

  • MalkavianBaby

    MalkavianBaby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Mexico
    Pakistan is sick remember honour killing of dua khalil
    December 31st, 2008 at 07:07am
  • Steffy Michelle

    Steffy Michelle (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    It should NEVER be allowed. It's sick.
    I remember writing letters to a country with my entire school about things like this, you can't do that to your child. The girl has her whole future ahead of her, she hasn't even hit puberty yet.
    It's sick to let a girl that young marry someone, you marry someone when you love them. Not because your folks tell you to.
    November 18th, 2008 at 03:14pm
  • LullabyeLaura

    LullabyeLaura (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Children getting married should definitely not be allowed, even if the kid has already hit puberty. I mean, teenagers can't always tell if it's love or hormones. Marrying someone at such a young age could be the biggest mistake of your life.
    November 8th, 2008 at 04:29pm
  • chromatography.

    chromatography. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Australia
    I personally believe it shouldn't be allowed. Children have to be able to make their own decisions, without the dictating of their parents. However it will happen. It's just part of "tradition" and I use the term loosely.
    November 8th, 2008 at 02:03pm
  • CoreyFeldmanFan

    CoreyFeldmanFan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I think it's wrong too. I also believe that a four-year-old should be allowed to grow up and then decide for herself who she wants to marry.
    November 8th, 2008 at 03:34am
  • the apex predator;;

    the apex predator;; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Wow...4 years old? Wow. The girl on the right is pretty though. But that doesn't make it right. Wait till they can understand, I hate betrothments and stuff. Let the girl decide for herself who she wants to marry.
    November 8th, 2008 at 12:52am
  • Confuzzled

    Confuzzled (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Personally, I think that even though there are some cultures that do that, it shouldn't be that extreme.
    November 7th, 2008 at 03:58pm
  • messy perfectionist.

    messy perfectionist. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I am from Pakistan and very aware of this...tradition. People who are very old-fashioned or are poor sell their daughters to other families in exhcange for money. It is very wrong because girls who do not even know about love, family, or life in general are forced to do such horrible things. They have to cook, clean, and follow the rules of their house. Their doomed to slavery at such young age. My own father moved to America because he did not want that for me or my future.

    It should not be allowed at all.
    November 6th, 2008 at 03:22am
  • V. Valo

    V. Valo (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think it's wrong because they'll never no the true meanings of love.
    I know it may sound corny, but that is what I believe in!
    November 6th, 2008 at 02:40am
  • horsie890

    horsie890 (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    You took a news article and turned it into an opinion article by adding those last two paragraphs. Other than that, it was good.
    November 6th, 2008 at 01:32am
  • lovesicklullabies

    lovesicklullabies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    oh and just fyi, if a girl says no to an arranged marriage, her parents won't kill her.
    November 6th, 2008 at 01:13am
  • lovesicklullabies

    lovesicklullabies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    it has nothing to do with religion. It's ridiculous that someone would even think about marrying off a 4 year old, to a kid barely older than her.
    and i know a lot about pakistan cuz my family is from there, and its not usual at all. like i know kids who get married early but most of them are 16 or so. Arranged marriage is a custom, but not at an age that early.
    usually the girl hits puberty before getting married. The kids won't even know what's going on...
    November 6th, 2008 at 01:11am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Whoa?!
    ...I've got nothing to add on to that.
    November 5th, 2008 at 11:51pm
  • I_Run_Faster

    I_Run_Faster (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I am aware of a custom in some cultures where young children are engaged to be married at such a young age, but to be fully married at that age and sent to live with the husband's family is just ridiculous. The girl would, of course, eventually be forced into a marriage, as is their custom, and she would have no say or way out of it aside from death, most likely, and this marriage often happens when the girl is under 18, but 4? That's just ridiculous. A girl may be another mouth to feed, but some level of parental affection - any level - would make a father hold off on a full marriage until later. Personally, I dissagree with alot of these customs, but we have to respect that that is how it works there. On the other hand, the marriage of a 4 and 5 year old is not customary, and as such the parents should be punished, as should anyone else trying to put there children in the same situation at that age.
    November 5th, 2008 at 11:33pm
  • Minor Fish

    Minor Fish (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    eh, let um go ahead, its not like the 2 kids will stay married forever, when they get older, they will realize they don't have to do what their parents want, and/or they may not even like the other person at all which would also push for it, and I am noticing some things in your article that you keep mixing up, should kinda try to get all your facts the same and not changing them all, its kinda confusing with you saying different things.
    November 5th, 2008 at 11:31am
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    I agree with Mia Bell.



    They're just kids.
    November 5th, 2008 at 10:22am
  • mia bell.

    mia bell. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    100
    Location:
    Australia
    Err, no it shouldn't. I respect others cultures, religion and whatnot but seriously, this is taking it a little too far. A four year old? Married? There's something wrong with that picture. Anyone can see that.
    November 5th, 2008 at 09:55am