Turning 130 This Month

Turning 130 This Month Karaganda Oblast in Kazakhstan is home to the oldest woman in the world - Sakhan Dosova. Her age was revealed due to the national census. The Oblast statistics department proved that there was no scam involved and that she would turn 130 on March 27.

In her, a century and 3 decades long life, she gave birth to ten children. At the age of 64 she delievered her youngest child. Only three of them are alive at the moment - the younger daughter just turned 65 while the oldest son turned 74.

The old lady said that there was no special secret to her long life but she revealed some,

"I've never in my life taken medicines, even if I would get sick, I'd use traditional cures. And I'm not fond of sweets."

The super granny from Kazakhstan was married two times, first at the age of 18. Both of her husbands rest in peace. She now lives with her 42 year old grandson Gauhar who describes her as a vital lady who adored to sing and dance. In these days, she enjoys just looking at her offsprings goofing around, reminding her of her young days.

According to her, enjoying the life and seizing every single day is a fine cure against the time.

"Dancing or just talking to someone you love gets you more healthy than any other modern medicine", she says.

In the Karaganda Oblast, the national census revealed 36 more people having something in common with Sakhan - they're all at the age of more than 100, 33 of them being female long livers.

In 1997, the official long living world recorder, French woman Zhanna-Louisa Kalman died at the age of 122.

Latest articles