13 Year-Old Proved As Not The Father

13 Year-Old Proved As Not The Father On February 9th of this year, the world was shocked to learn that a boy who was just thirteen years old became a father to a little baby girl named Maisie. Alfie Patten and his girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman, 15, became parents, making Alfie one of the youngest dads in Britain.

Though he was so very young, Alfie said he would support the child, and Chantelle. Alfie adored the little girl people would have first thought was his sister.

Following the birth of little Maisie Roxanne, who weighed 7lb 3oz, Alfie began to think that maybe, she wasn't his daughter after all, and wanted a DNA test to prove it. Chantelle insisted that Alfie was the only person she had ever been with sexually.

And finally, the results are in. It was emerged today that Alfie was NOT the father of Maisie after all. It was after half a dozen boys insisted they were the father, that the schoolboy took the £300 test.

Alfie insisted: “I am the only boyfriend Chantelle’s had and we’ve been together two years. I must be the dad. When she found out she was having a baby, I asked her, ‘Am I the dad?’ and she went, ‘Yeah’, so I believe her.”

Now it has been claimed that Alfie had been the victim of a cruel con. Chantelle had told her half-sister that the father could have been one of a number of boys who she had slept with. Her mum, Penny, had ordered her daughter to say she was a virgin.

At the time of the news being revealed to the world, Alfie didn't yet know he was not the father of now, seven-week-old Maisie. It was said that the boy was 'devastated' by the boys claims, and that he 'adored' the little girl.

Before he took the test, he said: “I didn’t know about DNA tests before but mum explained it’s when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells if you’re the dad. So if I have it, they can all shut up.”

Some people may think that Alfie is better off not being Maisie's dad, and that he can now focus on enjoying his childhood, and learn not to make another mistake like this. Of course, there will be people who will sympathise with the schoolboy. Alfie is sure to be upset to learn he isn't the father and that Chantelle lied to him.

Let's hope that Alfie will forget about the betrayal and move on with his life, blocking Chantelle and Maisie from his mind.

Latest articles