French Revolution vs. Election of 2008 - Comments

  • Iago-Disco

    Iago-Disco (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Hmm, i think from an analytical point of view it was actually the republicans using scare tactics. Both sides were proposing policy to address the finincial crisis, which kinda makes sense, but your good ol' Sarah Palin was stirring rallies of bible bashers with the promise of Gay marriage if obama got elected. Shock horror.
    Joe was himself saying that the democrats public health campaign was going to bankrupt the country...

    I guess the french revolution and the presidential campaign are kinda similiar... wait no, no not at all, completely different.

    Gabe
    June 3rd, 2009 at 09:48am
  • theindiehippie

    theindiehippie (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Although he did not cut off anyone’s head he made sure that everything was changed up. Elections for Congress came and Democrats became the majority of the Senate and oddly enough of the House.[/i]

    That's completely inaccurate and kind of bias. I'm not trying to be rude here, but if you looked at Obama's "cabinet" he has Republicans [i]and[/i] Democrats in there and has said so many times that he stresses diversity espesically and that he does not want to shut out the Republicans' opinion. And to reduce his behavior to [i]the chopping and murdering of people[/i] is completely overdramatic and kind of biased.

    I'm sorry, but I found this article really biased thinking and one-sided.
    You lost all credibilty, in my own opinion, because you didn't show the two sides of the story or give any credit where credit was needed.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 01:48am
  • theindiehippie

    theindiehippie (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    [i]History does repeat itself. When FDR was president during the Great Depression, he tried to do the exact same thing as Obama is trying to do now. And it failed, horribly. [/i]

    Actually, FDR made huge organizations and corporations to have people out of the Great Depression that are still in use today, believe it or not. His attempts to make oraganizations to better the society was done very well actually and so far, Obama, in my belief, has done nothing but wonderful things since he was in office.

    Maybe if you read an article or two or saw a press confrence on the TV with him and saw how much he was doing and trying, then you would know this.

    Too bad you don't., though.
    (:
    June 3rd, 2009 at 01:42am
  • Eagle

    Eagle (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I don't believe that Obama has really done anything. Most of what is happening in the economy is a natural process. It always fixes itself. Anyway, I think that it is kind of funny that Texas isn't feeling a difference, we are still going strong. =]
    May 29th, 2009 at 09:58pm
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is a good article.

    All I have to say is that the difference is Obama's policies are based on lies, and the completely ridiculous stimulus package. The French Revolution bettered their country. Obama's ideas? Not so much.

    History does repeat itself. When FDR was president during the Great Depression, he tried to do the exact same thing as Obama is trying to do now. [b]And it failed, horribly.[/b] The thing that brought America out of the depression was World War II, not some billion dollar stimulus package with little bits about private jets slipped between the lines.

    Obama is repeating something in history that failed epically. Fantastic job, Mr. President.
    May 29th, 2009 at 05:04am
  • Surrealistfemme.

    Surrealistfemme. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Statement:

    I did not add McCain in this essay because this was for school about Obama, I am sorry about the misleading title.
    May 26th, 2009 at 11:09pm