Saskatchewan Man May Possibly Be Locked Up For Life

Saskatchewan Man May Possibly Be Locked Up For Life Saskatchewan man, Cory Bitternose age thirty-nine, pleaded guilty to kidnapping and then assaulting two women in Banff, Alberta in July of 2008. Cory Bitternose pleaded guilty to the crime in March of 2009. On the 20th of this month, Crown prosecutors in Banff applied for a dangerous offender hearing, as part of Cory Bitternose's sentence.

The dangerous offender designation would result in Cory Bitter nose to be locked up without specific time range, although it is said that Cory Bitternose would be able to appeal to the said designation. The hearing is estimated to start April 13th, 2010 in Banff, and should last at least two weeks.

Jay O'Neill, a spokesperson said, "Looking at his past, we just think he possesses a serious kind of threat and should be jailed indefinitely."

Looking at Cory Bitternose's past criminal record, it was seen that it includes several assaults in the year of 2004 located in Regina, Saskatchewan. One attack, in which he forced a woman to have sex with him repeatedly. Whenever this said woman would refuse, he would slap her in the face. In another attack, it was reported that he had beaten a man so badly, he needs facial surgery afterwards.

The Crown in Saskatchewan previously considered applying dangerous offender status for Cory Bitternose, but had later decided not to.

Ian McLellan, a member of Saskatchewan Court of Queen's Bench Justice had warned Cory Bitternose when he sentenced him that he would most likely "face such an application" if he came before the court again with any conviction whatsoever.

Latest articles