Newlyweds Save the Day

Newlyweds Save the Day On July 18, 2009, medical students Erica and Jacob Rinker were on their way to their wedding reception in Fishtail, Montana. It was a blistering hot day, by Montana's standards, at ninety-eight degrees Fahrenheit. Driving down the highway, the entire wedding party stumbled upon a motorcycle accident in the middle of the road. Jacob Rinker stopped the car for a moment and soon both bride and groom ran onto the scene.

The police were on the scene but it was obvious to the newlyweds that there was no medical help. So, still dressed in wedding attire, the couple treated the young woman who was distress. Without their fast acting, and random act of kindness, the teenager could have easily lost her leg.

"Hat's off to an amazing young couple that took an hour from their wedding day to come to the aid of an anonymous young lady on the side of the road. The beauty and emotion of their wedding day was punctuated by this selfless act. It was an honor to photograph for them!" Larry Stanley, wedding photographer.

Even on their special day, Erica and Jacob unselfishly helped a stranger. They were later thanked by family members of the unnamed teen for their actions.

Latest articles