Writer's Strike To Continue

Writer's Strike To Continue The Writers Guild Of America has entered it’s second week for the strike against television. With shows like, David Letterman, Conan O’ Brien, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Ugly Betty, and many more on standstill, the strike has stirred things up across America. The cast of The Office has been laid off, and Conan O’ Brien and Jay Leno will be laid off at the end of the week, if the strike does not end.

Still, some shows continue to stay strong. Ellen Degenere’s supports all of her writers decisions to go on strike, but has continued filming, stating that, ‘There are fans traveling from all over the country to see her tapings.’

The current WGA contract had ended November 1st, and writer’s had decided that they would continue writing without contracts until June 30th. Problems arose, however, when the writers decided they no longer wanted to play nicely, and get their point across that us the viewers can’t live without them, the writers.

Shows are expected to last out maybe four to six episodes before reruns start, although, the late night shows have already began reruns. Although, a few shows have been delayed in their season premieres, like, 24.

The question is, how long can America go without TV favorites like, Grey’s Anatomy, The Biggest Loser, and, Friday Night Lights?

Latest articles