Jaycee Lee Dugard Returns Home After 18 Years

Jaycee Lee Dugard Returns Home After 18 Years June 10th, 1991. An eleven year girl was just standing at her bus stop waiting to get picked up by the bus, like any normal school day. However, that day was different from any other day for Jaycee Dugard, and would change her life for good. A car drove past her bus stop, pulled a u-turn, and the people inside grabbed her, forcing her into the car. Her step-father, Carl Probyn, had seen this happen from two blocks away. He had hopped on his bike to try and chase the kidnapper of his step-daughter, but had failed to do so.

Eighteen years later, Jaycee was found, along with two daughters. The two daughters had lived in the backyard, in tents with a trampoline, and a plastic pool. There was also a sound proof shed in the backyard, where her kidnapper (Phillip Garrido) had recorded himself singing religious country songs.

Jaycee had been found when Garrido had been called for a parole meeting. While he had Jaycee, she was referred to as his daughter by the name of "Allissa." When Garrido's parole officer found out about the child, whom he never even knew Garrido had, he called Garrido in for a meeting telling him to bring in his family. Jaycee's daughters were referred to has "Allissa"'s little sisters. And when the three were taken for private meetings, they found out that Allissa was Jaycee Lee Dugard, and her "little sisters" were her daughters.

Garrido claims that his "life has been straightened out". He also said "Wait till you hear the story of what took place at this house. You're going to be absolutely impressed. It’s a disgusting thing that took place with me at the beginning, but I turned my life completely around". He also said that he did not harm Jaycee's two daughters. "They slept in my arms every single night since birth. I never touched them", he said.

Garrido had allegedly used LSD and cocaine during his twenties. When he was about twenty five years of age, he kidnapped a girl and sexually assaulted her. He was sentenced to fifty years in prison, however, he served less than eleven years of this sentence. He was diagnosed to be "sexual deviant and chronic drug abuser."

Latest articles