Protesting Against Abortion: How Far Is Too Far? - Comments

  • lil'taquito

    lil'taquito (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Are you serious, the unborn child is ALIVE! It is scientifically proven that life begins at conception. Don't even start the junk about "its ok if you abort it for stem cell reasearch." That IS murder. It is totally different if the Mother is in danger, but just because it is an INCOVIENIENCE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If it was an inconvinience, than why did you have sex? That CHILD- not 'fetus'- is alive- it feels pain,too. Abortion is wrong, stop trying to defend it.
    April 15th, 2010 at 02:35am
  • backt0theburrow

    backt0theburrow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Wonderfully written. If you're pro-life, why would you KILL another life if that's what your trying to protest for?

    And I'm 100% pro-choice. You can't tell a women what to do with HER body. Only she should be allowed to make that decision.
    March 9th, 2010 at 01:37am
  • WTFMusicPerson

    WTFMusicPerson (210)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    If I was aborted then I wouldn't have lived long enough to care it wouldn't matter.

    I'm not for late term abortion but I do like abortion if they use the stem cells in research.

    And the problem with adoption is that people don't get adopted all the time, you say it like it's a magic cure or something. "Oh you could just give them up for adoption problem solved save a life," when it doesn't work that way they could never get adopted end up growing up in foster home after foster home and living a fucked up life or becoming an outcast/criminal. Like it or don't that is what will happen more often than not.

    Plus if there weren't legal abortions there would just be more cases of babies in dumpsters and what not. If a mother truly did not have the ability to raise a child or w/e then the child would have been doomed anyways either dieing young or leading a fucked up life.
    February 26th, 2010 at 06:33pm
  • Sundance Kid.

    Sundance Kid. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    For all the people for abortion...what if you were aborted? That's the thing. Why would you not even give the soon to be baby a chance? There is always adoption. OR PROTECTION!
    February 9th, 2010 at 12:46am
  • creatureofthedark

    creatureofthedark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I am for abortion.
    Because if we didn't have medical ways of doing it, don't you think desperate, pregnant women would find ways to get rid of the baby anyway? I've heard brutal stories about women shoving hangers up their vagina in order to kill the unborn child, resulting in their own death way too often.

    On another topic, I could care less about the pregnant teens who had sex knowing the consequences. Their mistake. I don't care how being pregnant affects them unless they were raped.
    A child born to a woman who got pregnant in her teens is more likely to do the same thing...and make the problem worse. So, disposing of it while in its early stages is perfectly alright because it is a cell/cells. This is why doctors don't get rid of them after a certain amount of time.

    Do you reading. It's not murder if you are killing cells. If it was, every time our skin cells died we would have to call it suicide.
    January 8th, 2010 at 08:15pm
  • angus young

    angus young (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Norway
    Abortion is not "murder". The baby is a fetus, not a human. Therefore it doesn't have rights. It is not capable of conscious thought. I'm pretty much for abortion. But only a few reasons have me against it. Abortion is not murder. The baby is alive in the same way your skin cells are alive.
    December 30th, 2009 at 06:11pm
  • paigexomarie

    paigexomarie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    to the person below me, that is completely true. honestly, if it's just become a zygote, it's really not alive. you should really consider the baby "alive" when it's got a heart that functions, and a brain. come on people, think!
    November 27th, 2009 at 12:18am
  • queeniecharlie

    queeniecharlie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    You can't kill what's not alive yet.
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:53pm
  • harris.

    harris. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This makes no sense.
    Why would you kill another person? That's exactly the thing they're protesting.
    People take this pro-life thing too far. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in. But when it means killing people and hurting people, that's not cool.

    Good article, by the way. You did a really good job providing facts and proving your point.
    November 22nd, 2009 at 11:51pm
  • Macy Emalia

    Macy Emalia (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I am pro-choice.
    First of all, I do believe that everyone has the ability to protest anything without giving a reason for law enforcement to intervene.
    I live across the street from a catholic private school and not too long ago they had a large sign outside of the building that said "(statistic) babies will be apportioned while you are at work today" and then it had 1 small flag to represent each one of the "babies".
    But I do see quite a few flaws in that specific account; first, the sign has grammar mistakes. "Babies will be apportioned" is not correct. And giving or receiving an abortion is an act; a verb. And you would not say "I runned past the finish line” the correct grammar is "babies will be ABORTED" and even at that the statistic was for PREGNANCYS not babies. Many twin sets are aborted every day, and that makes the statistic incorrect as well.
    And, anyone that is "pro-life" would not kill. it is as simple as that. Technically the term means that they don’t believe in killing, and they go against that by killing SOMETIMES. Not everyone that is (so called) pro-life has killed someone.
    -macy!
    November 17th, 2009 at 08:20am
  • give.it.away

    give.it.away (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    You already know where I stand on this, but I'm very happy I could find it, I didn't even go through your page!!
    :]
    November 16th, 2009 at 04:23am
  • TheRealBatman

    TheRealBatman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I also agree with [b]YourPinkDiary[/b]. People shouldn't be using religion as a reason to be killing doctors. Just to throw it out there, I'm an atheist and I'm pro-life, and you don't hafta be a christian for your opinion to be pro-life.
    November 15th, 2009 at 10:34pm
  • TheRealBatman

    TheRealBatman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Everyone's got they're right to an opinion and everything, and I'm pro-life, but I think this is just absolutely ridiculous. This whole thing has just been taken to far, and killing an abortionist? That's just wrong, and I hope the person that did it gets locked up for the rest of their lives. Hypocrits.
    November 15th, 2009 at 10:30pm
  • Benjamin Barker

    Benjamin Barker (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm for abortion, simple as. There are many reasons why.
    This just... Disgusts me. Hypocricy at it's worst.
    November 11th, 2009 at 09:14pm
  • Happenis

    Happenis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    67
    Location:
    United States
    What a bunch of fucking hypocrites. :| Protesters are some freaky lil buggers aren't they? D:
    November 10th, 2009 at 12:57am
  • Passion4Music

    Passion4Music (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Ireland
    i'm pro-choice. but does anyone think that the protesters might, well, protest the new resctrictions if they were put in place? i dunno maybe i'm just being thick!
    November 9th, 2009 at 07:05pm
  • DeleteMe12

    DeleteMe12 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    91
    Location:
    Antarctica
    Would they rather more homeless people?! I don't think so. Why not stop some poor life from coming into the world just to be tortured for the rest of it's life, when you can save them from all of that?
    November 9th, 2009 at 07:13am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I like abortion. that's all.
    November 9th, 2009 at 06:32am
  • Tati.the.Strange

    Tati.the.Strange (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with a lot of the people who commented. I never really thought about abortion much. Before, I just thought, "It's bad! I should go against it because of what people say." But now, really thinking about it. People are just going crazy. Abortion is a good thing for those that are in bad situations. If you're a teenager and you're pregnant and want an abortion, people would like hate for that and I think that's dumb.(the people who hate abortion) Yeah, you can do adoption, but some girls aren't ready for that. So I definately agree with you.

    ~Skittlez~ (x's,o's)
    November 9th, 2009 at 06:30am
  • aimless_ramble

    aimless_ramble (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    wow . . . go pro-life? Its shit like this that makes me shudder and cringe in disgust about the direction the world is going in. Im pro-life and not once have killing someone to help stop abortions ever crossed my mind -___- i mean seriously wtf?
    November 9th, 2009 at 05:52am