Charles Manson Is His Long Lost Dad

Charles Manson Is His Long Lost Dad 'It was like finding out your father is Hitler', says Matthew Roberts, the 41 year old DJ after finding out that his long lost father is infamous killer Charles Manson.

Matthew was put up for adoption at birth in 1968. He was determined to trace his mother and find out more about his family roots. The discovery surprised him, leaving him in anguish. His mother was raped by Charles Manson "during a drug-fuelled orgy". A year later, Manson and his followers went on a killing spree in Los Angeles, leaving behind 9 dead people.

"I didn't want to believe it. I was frightened and angry. I'm a peaceful person - trapped in the face of a monster", says Roberts in confusion.

"The face of a monster's" killing spree included pregnant actress, Sharon Tate, Roman Polanski's wife.

"My hero is Gandhi. I'm an extremely non-violent, peaceful person and a vegetarian. I don't even kill bugs", Mr Roberts added.

Still confused man with the newly revealed secret, grew up in Illinois. At the age of 10, he found out that he was adopted. When he reached 29, he became more curious about his biological parents. Soon after, he found his mother Terry. Through letters, the truth about his father was unmasked. They both share the same facial features.

"It's scary and upsetting. If I get worked up, my eyes get really big and that's really freaked some people out before. I've tried to tone that down quite a bit. I don't like having that effect on people", says Matthew.

The son contacted his father, the 75 year old murderer, serving a life sentence in Corcoran State Prison in California. Charles replied to his son's letter confirming he was his father. He sent him weird things, signed with swastika.

"He's my biological father - I can't help but have some kind of emotional connection. That's the hardest thing of all - feeling love for a monster who raped my mother. I don't want to love him, but I don't want to hate him either", Matthew added.

Latest articles