The World's Smallest Mom Welcomes Her Third Baby

The World's Smallest Mom Welcomes Her Third Baby Stacey Herald’s smile, from ear to ear, as she’s posing with her newborn, doesn’t give away her every day struggle. The 35 year old is the smallest mother in the world, only 2ft 4 ins tall.

Doctors warned her that pregnancy might put her at risk but she was determined. Her newborn, Malachi is the living proof of her bravery and determination. Malachi was born eight weeks prematurely and is only five inches long.

“He's the most beautiful perfect boy I've ever seen”, says the proud mother of three.

She was supposed to give birth around Christmas but the doctors didn’t want to expose her to a higher risk. Stacey suffers from a rare genetic disorder called Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which “causes brittle bones, underdeveloped lungs and stunted growth”.

Taking care of three little children cannot be easy; she uses wheelchair to get around. Everything she cannot do, does her husband; 5 ft 8 ins tall Wil. Even though the doctors warned her that pregnancy would put too much pressure on her body and “squash her internal organs”, they decided to start a family.

“Mum told me I'd die, but I reminded her I was a miracle, and a baby would be a miracle, too”, said Stacey.

Baby Malachi is experiencing some health problems but the doctors don’t see them as a threat. Their oldest daughter, Kateri is three and has the same condition as Stacey while 18 month old Makya is a perky little child.

The parents of three haven’t ruled out the possibility of having more children.

Latest articles