Human Trafficking: Where Our Eyes Are Open - Comments

  • AnonymousK

    AnonymousK (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I like the article, kudos.

    One person was right though, Human Trafficking is already all over the world, even in the United States. The U.s. gets about 17,500 or more slaves a year, and that's only from across borders, that doesn't count people lured, abducted, or born into slavery.

    Not many people know about it and those that do don't really want to think about it. It's not happening to them so why should it matter? But if they saw that every minute there is at least one person being brought across international borders or that as of 2007 there were 27 million slaves in the world, I wonder if that would change the way some people think.

    But again, good article and kudos!
    December 14th, 2010 at 03:51am
  • WTFMusicPerson

    WTFMusicPerson (210)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I watched a documentary called redlight I think

    and it was about trafficking in Cambodia and how this woman who had been a victim herself started these places for young girls she rescued. For young ones she does counciling and school and for older ones she has programs that teach them trades rather then careers. Like sewing and make up and hair so that they have a skill they can live off of in any country.

    The sad thing is that because this woman had taken "business" away from people they kidnapped her daughter and raped her.

    There definitely needs to be more done.
    November 10th, 2010 at 10:18pm
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Unfortunately, not many people here care or understand beacuse it doesnt happen as much here as it does in Europe and Asia. After doing this project, i was really nervous about my friend EF tour trip to Germany b/c all they were allowed out from 7-11 and all the people in the group she went with got drunk every night.

    I feel that more articles and news stories should be about this, becuase it happens SO much more than people think. The last case that they ever reported about was the girl in Aruba and the missionaries in Haiti.
    July 1st, 2010 at 06:52pm
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Very good!
    I researched this topic for two school projects and I was aazed that not one person knew anything about it. I was also disgusted by the statistcs that I found.
    July 1st, 2010 at 06:48pm
  • dr. faustus

    dr. faustus (1070)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    France
    I didn't do it because I thought it was self explanatory. Child, sex, forced labor. I explained what trafficking was.
    June 26th, 2010 at 04:39pm
  • Sundance Kid.

    Sundance Kid. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    The only problem I have with this article is you didn't exactly tell us the different kinds of trafficking, like explained it.
    June 26th, 2010 at 05:08am
  • HikiiChii

    HikiiChii (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Just a bit on top question, was the movie 'Taken' about human trafficking then?
    June 25th, 2010 at 08:19pm
  • Airheart.101

    Airheart.101 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Hong Kong
    I recently did a project on Human Trafficking, I know enough to know that this article was completely accurate except for one point in your introduction. It is not spreading over europe and the globe. It's already there. It always has been.
    It is simply that Human Trafficking in general has increased globally.
    Other then that one point, it was a fantastic article and publishing worthy:]
    June 25th, 2010 at 05:57pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Good article. I got involved with the [i]Stop the Traffic[/i] campaign a while back in my church, and it was an insightful project. We need to tackle the root of the problem first though, which is mainly poverty but also the fact that prostitution and slave labour either aren't outlawed or aren't cracked down on in many places.
    June 24th, 2010 at 09:29pm
  • dr. faustus

    dr. faustus (1070)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    France
    The first statement, I meant how selling products like fish and grains was normal, but not humans.

    The second part, I was talking about the victims and how once they received help, how do they live a normal life after going through such pain. I'm sorry I didn't explain it a little better.
    June 24th, 2010 at 07:58pm
  • Violet Blood

    Violet Blood (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Excellent article. It is very emotionally provoking and honest.
    For the most part it is well written, but I found a few places that were a little unclear.

    "but the conflicting mechanism would be not humans, as thousands upon thousands of children and adults from Africa, Asia, South America and Europe are sold in this deadly organization every year."
    I can't quite understand what you are trying to say here.
    and

    "what happens after a person who has gone through being raped, tortured and worked half to death do once being found from not being lost anymore"
    I had to read this one a few times before I could understand it.

    Other than that, wonderful article!
    June 24th, 2010 at 10:39am
  • perfect disaster;

    perfect disaster; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree with you. Human trafficking is horrible- it goes against all natural rights everyone was born with.
    June 24th, 2010 at 07:43am
  • MellyMelMel

    MellyMelMel (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    very informative and you voiced your opinion well
    human trafficking is disgusting, no one should be treated as merchandise or property the people who run this are sick to think that they are any better than these people whos lives there taking away from them, but the problem is that this is extrelemy hard to stop or prevent
    June 24th, 2010 at 05:55am
  • auden

    auden (650)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Very well written and I agree with you.

    Great article!
    June 24th, 2010 at 01:45am
  • Yummy Octopie

    Yummy Octopie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Very well written, and very informative.

    I've read a little bit into this subject, but your article gave me a better view of this issue. I have the same problem that you do; when talking to the people who have gone through that kind of experience there isn't much follow up.

    Good Article :]
    June 23rd, 2010 at 10:40pm
  • Marissa1117

    Marissa1117 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Very well written article. Human trafficking is disgusting and it makes me sick to know that people can sell other human beings. I had to research this for a school project.And it's really sad, people everyday are sold to monsters.I think everybody should be aware of Human Trafficking.
    June 23rd, 2010 at 09:51pm