Northern Illinois University Shooting

Northern Illinois University Shooting Northern Illinois University has just had a tragedy. A gunman, carrying one shotgun and two handguns, walked into a lecture hall of 160 college freshman and opened fire. Eighteen people were reported injured and five of them proved to be fatal.

The gunman, whose name has yet to be released, was said to have walked out from behind a curtain and started shooting. He injured the eighteen before pulling the gun and himself and taking his own life.

The college was then shut down and students were advised to go to their dorms or off campus apartments. There will be therapists on the scene for students who witnessed the attack and will be help through their state of shock.

The fatalities of the four victims took place hours after the incident occurred. Three people have been reported to be taken to a Rockford hospital. The rest have been taken closer to DeKalb.

The rest of the victims have been said to be in stable or good conditions. The police chief said in a previous statement that the shooter was thought to be a student of a different school but not of the school where the shooting took place.

News sources will be updating with more information is to come in the following days.

Latest articles