5 Reasons Why Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom is Bad for Kids - Comments

  • no.one.is.home

    no.one.is.home (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    80
    Location:
    Cayman Islands
    I see your point - though I've never seen the show myself. I work in a daycare and I see the effects these shows have on kids first hand. The two girls who are with us every day - ages 4 & 2 - are little sponges when it comes to the "lessons" learned from kids shows. The 4 year old once told me that I didn't need to lock out car doors when we went into the store because we could just tell a thief to stop - like Dora the Explorer does with Swiper the Fox. Where do they come up with these ideas?
    March 29th, 2013 at 08:07am
  • Gematria

    Gematria (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    I haven't seen the show either, but I don't think you've proved your point on "why it's bad for kids," rather you've listed reasons why you personally object to the show. Perhaps if you had argued that the themes within the show teach kids immoral practices or something, then your title would've been better suited. Also, from what I can gather, the show seems to be based on a stereotypical hierarchy, therefore the elves/fairys act certain ways and perform certain tasks in order to fit in with their class characteristics?
    March 17th, 2013 at 04:28am
  • Selling dreams

    Selling dreams (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I haven't actually seen this show but maybe your missing a point.
    You said that Ben and Holly are best friends, even with all these issues. Maybe that's the point, that you can be friends with anyone whatever the circumstances.
    March 12th, 2013 at 02:37pm