Help for Heroes

There are thousands of charities in the world that do an astounding job in supporting people of all walks of life, which we are all very grateful for. They have impacted all of our lives, whether you know it or not, and without them we wouldn‘t have the knowledge and resources we do today. But let’s look at one organisation in particular; Help for Heroes.

H4H is a registered British charity that launched on 1st October 2007, who aid our wounded and ill soldiers. Their wonderful work benefits our injured troops in many different ways, from supplying ‘Air-essentials’ bags, to providing the best recovery and rehabilitation centres.

This organisation spends millions every year to help these sick men and women, meaning every pound donated is spent wisely in giving the best support. They also work with other charities in the UK, whose aim is to benefit veterans and those serving within the Armed Forces.

How They Can Help

Help for Heroes’ aid starts as soon as the soldier is on the plane, flying from Afghanistan or Iraq, back to Britain. The RAF Aeromed service does their utmost to bring home our wounded servicemen and women, but as the flights are usually long and uncomfortable, H4H have supplied ‘Air-essentials’ bags. These consist of; an array of small toiletries, a cosy hoody, and an MP3 player which has been pre-loaded with music as to ease boredom.

The amount of work this charity puts into presenting the most beneficial care for our troops is incredible. Their funds help run the rehabilitation centres located around the UK, offering facilities that will assist the men and women to regain their confidence, build up their strength, and even gain qualifications. These centres will provide Servicemen support, mental and physical, throughout their lives.

The families of the wounded soldiers can also receive support from H4H as they may be put under a lot of stress and have money worries due to the injury their loved one has endured.

How You Can Help

Help for Heroes hold a variety of fundraising events across Britain every year. If you would like to do something big to raise money, registering to attempt many of their sponsorship challenges is easy. Choose from a wide range of activities including trekking, cycling, abseiling, and a ‘Tough Mudder’, a daunting assault course that will make a man out of anyone. There are so many different ways to get involved, no matter what your age, size, or gender is.

But of course, you can just donate. Simple. No matter how much you give, they will be grateful and will put the money to good use. Going onto their website and clicking ‘donate now’ is an instant way of contributing to this effective organisation.

These men and women deserve the best for what they have sacrificed, and through Help for Heroes, we can give them that. As Theodore Roosevelt said, “A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a fair deal afterwards.”

For more information on Help for Heroes, visit their website at: http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Latest articles