Three Dead Babies In Freezer

Three Dead Babies In Freezer In Germany, a 44-year old women has been taken into custody on suspicion of killing three of her children and storing their bodies in a freezer for nearly 20 years, authorities stated on Monday.

The lady's adult children were searching in the household freezer for frozen pizza, when they stumbled across a plastic bag, and upon opening the bag, they discovered a dead baby and confronted their parents, suggesting the mother turns herself into the police.

After searching a home in Wenden-Moellmicke, which is east of Cologne in Germany, Investigators found two more plastic bags, containing the bodies of babies. One bag contained a newspaper dating back to December 1988, suggesting they may have been stored for twenty years, police stated.

Investigator Martin Feldmann said the woman was "in sever shock and felt very guilty". According to local authorities, who started the investigation, the women 47-year old husband knew nothing about the deaths.

In an attempt to save lives, some clinics in Germany have installed hatches where desperate mothers can leave unwanted babies anonymously.

There has been a recent wave of infanticide in Europe lately. In March, French police detained a couple on suspected infanticide, the fourth one to be recorded in the past two years.

Latest articles