Nambe Women Kills Mother

Nambe Women Kills Mother Investigators arrested 44-year-old Arin Dilallo for killing her mother. 66-year old Betty Rutigliano was discovered dead at the family's Nambe home on Tuesday Santa Fe county Greg Solano said.

Dilallo was charged with open murder late Tuesday afternoon more than 12 hours after Rutigliano was discovered dead with two wounds to the neck.

Police went to Rutigliano's home on Road 119 in Nambe at 2:00AM after a 911 call from a family remember. The family member reported a women was bleeding and unresponsive. The paramedics found lacerations on Rutigliano's neck. The children said they didn't see what occured between Dilallo and Rutigliano but heard a commotion and came in after Rutigliano was injured.

Dilallo gave investigators a couple of different stories about what happened but didn't confess to the muder of her mother. Dilallo's stories do not match up with the stories her children told.

"We're not sure exactly what precipitated the incident," Solano said.

Rutigliano sustained at least two wounds to the neck which police believe was possibly cause by a sharp object. Police believe the wounds caused massive bleeding which contributed to the death.

Solano said that investigators could not find the murder weapon in the house. Detectives and police searched the property and neighboring properties for the murder weapon Tuesday evening.

Rosemary Martinez who lives in the house in front of Rutigliano's said she didn't know Rutigliano. However the women did know that Rutigliano moved into the newer stucco house with her daughter and two grandchildren about 10 months before the murder occured.

Martinez says she heard no commotion and did not know what happened until early Tuesday morning when she saw emergency vehicles and yellow police tape at the house.

Solano said records indicate deputies hadn't been to the home before. Dilallo was arrested by Pojoaque Tribal Police in 2006 on a charge of obstruction of an officer, but the sheriff didn't have specifics about the incident Tuesday.

It was reported late Wednesday that the murder was intentional when about 20 stab wounds were found on Rutigliano's body. The murder weapon, which consisted of a kitchen knife, was found in Dilallo's room late Wednesday.

Source: the Santa Fe New Mexican paper

Latest articles