Twilight Saga, Its great vs Its horrible

Tonight, at about eleven-o-clock, I snuck onto my computer to finish what I was doing earlier, searching somethings on google about the Twilight Saga and reading some things that Stephenie Meyer had said about the books, when I came across something. Twilight controversies. Deciding I wanted to read about these "Twilight Controversies" I googled them. Nothing really showed up. I got more creative. I typed in "I hate the Twilight series."

Now, just to clear things up, I LOVE the Twilight saga more than I'm letting on in this entry, its just what I'm doing. I became addicted and loved.

Anyways, after typing this in, I got ALOT of responses on the subject. Like the second or third one was "The Twilight Series and Why I Have a Huge Problem With It." from buzznet.com. I clicked it.

It was only the first three, but this girl gave alot of really good points that I hadn't noticed before.

This girl also gives the story praise, saying that it is a pageturner, well written, and does a good job of describing the characters.

Back to the negative she gave. Bella has no life. Like, at all. She says "Bella has absolutely no goals, ambitions, hopes, dreams, or interests in anything. Right off the bat all she does is talk about how miserable she is and describe her surroundings with an apathetic tone until she meets the Cullens. See: Colorless."

That is very true. She goes on to explain Bella in like this... truthful way. The book says that Bella is very mature for her age... but she goes about making all these horribly immature decisions like jumping of a cliff in the middle of a storm, just to hear a voice.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at anymore. I kind of forgot. Just go here http://johnnynotsid.buzznet.com/user/journal/998321/ and read it. You'll understand what I'm saying. I hope.

Oh, one more thing. She says that Edward is very controlling. He IS. He holds her prisoner own dang town. He bribes Alice not to let Bella near Jacob.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Jacob. I like Jacob. In fact, I'm writing a story for the werewolves.

Anyways go read it.
September 19th, 2008 at 06:10am