Some people clearly have a warped idea about music.

Normally I don't feel the need to rant about something so insignificant.
But this really got me annoyed.
Last night my cousin came over for a few drinks because next weekend we are all going to Barcelona to celebrate her mother's 50th.
She is literally the complete opposite of me but we have always been civil to each other because she is only two years older than me so we always had things to chat about.
But last night, I was flicking through the TV and she made me stop at a Pussycat Dolls video. I decided that I would bite my lip and just sit there silently laughing at these ridiculous women on screen. I was literally minding my own business when my cousin turned to me and said,
"I don't understand why you don't like this stuff, it's better than that crap you listen to."

I fumed, I became so angry becuse she had literally no idea what she was talking about. How can you possibly say that The Pussycat Dolls are better than bands like Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Kings of Leon and Type O Negative? I understand people have their own tastes and I've never been a music facist when it comes to what people listen to. But the fact that she was outright saying that a maunfactured group of strippers where better musically than, say, Green Day was hard for me to digest.
This god-awful example of feminity that has 'pussy' in their name demonstrates just how fucking thick my cousin is. I'll give it to her that's she's a flight attendent and doesn't have two brain cells to rub together and maybe I shouldn't have inhaled and ranted at her in one breath till it looked like she would cry. But it got me angry.
I still can't belive, even after this influx of "it's cool" to like alternative music, that people still just don't get it.
Rock music has branched out from what it was originally but to compare all the hard work, musical talent and general utter brilliance that bands like Green Day and co demonstrate to manufactured money-grabbing shit like the PCD really, really annoys me. THERE IS NO MUSICAL COMPARISON.
Catchy tunes don't make something good.
And looks aren't everything, just ask Billy Corgan.
What type of message does, "i don't care if you're looking at my *beep*" send to little girl anyway? ACTUALLY, what kind of fucking lyric is that?
*breathes*
There Rant over...
I don't think this trip to Barcelona will be going well at all...
April 28th, 2007 at 02:14pm