Teenage Engagement and Pushy Relationshipists? Haha.

My friends.
In one of my group of friends, there's...About 3 or 4 of them that are already engaged. Okay, firstly, you are 14 and 15, you cannot be engaged legally until you are 16.
Secondly, engagement is a grown up thing. People that have been together for years do it because they are serious about each other, not when they've been together for a few months and are still immature about the whole idea of staying with that person 'forever', chances are, you won't.
Take my one friend for example, I actually thought that they would get married -Insert FAIL face here-.
Because they seemed like the mature ones out of the group.
But the other week they broke up because he was pushing for sex all of the time.

Now, seeing as she is only 15, and he was 17, I think, it is still seen as having underage sex. And if someone reports it, he could be arrested and put on the sex offenders register.
But that's a whole different thing, hahaa...

I have another friend, they were 13 and 14 when they first had sex. I mean, what the hell? They had been together for maybe a month or two and already made that decision bearing in mind that he was only 13 at the time.
Oh, and here's the great part.
The condom split once out of 12 times(more now because that was before June she told us this). On top of that, we had found out that another of our friends was having unprotected sex.
Do they really think it will be okay? Do they think there will be no consequences?
If they did get pregnant, they wouldn't be able to finish of their GCSE's because they would be heavily pregnant at the time, they wouldn't be able to go to college(unless they palmed the baby over to their Mother for a while o__O) because they'd have a baby full time. They'd need a job to support the baby and themselves among many other things they'd need to deal with.

To me, that's a whole lot to make up for one silly mistake of not putting a bit of latex on it.

Back to my original point.
Last night, the same girl that broke up with her Fiance, has now got a new boyfriend. I'd be happy for her...If she hadn't just met him.
Please, do not try to change my mind with all that "He really liked her," bull, because you cannot fall in love with someone over night. Some people maybe, but in my opinion...No.
And apparently she's the girl of his dreams.
So I'm sat here like, you've known each other for a few hours, you've spoken a little over the internet.
But my friends are actually pushing her into a new relationship with him just a week after they broke up.

So making all those plans of marriage, moving out etc. were worthless.

And that's why I think underage engagement is a waste of time and a bad idea.
Now, I'm going in the bath.
Bye all
.xo
October 18th, 2008 at 11:04am