No Longer a Fad?

Alright...so I'm a die-hard Fall Out Boy fan. I'm gunna get that out of the way. I thought they were all on crack when I first heard them, and couldn't believe some stupid asshole was actually dumb enough to turn their noise into an album. I went home in search of an Advil, and I haven't stopped listening to them since. My question though is this: Is the Fall Out Boy Fad finally over??

FOB got a lot of attention when From Under the Cork Tree was released, and people went outright berserk when Infinity on High came out. Folie a Deux is set to come out on the 16th of next month, and not many people seem to be talking about it.

I know a lot of people only gave them a chance because "OMG, Pete Wentz is SO hott!!" And I'm not gunna lie, that's really annoying. Yes, he's way too hott for is own good, and he knows it. Which isn't for the most part a good thing. Let's not make his head any bigger though. Mkay?

So, I was at The Listening Party tonight, and NOBODY was there. I was really surprised. I'm half thinking it just didn't get publicized so much, so nobody knew about it, but at the same time...I'm thinking people just didn't care.

The Listening Party was a preview of Folie a Deux. Hot Topics all over the country played the new cd, organized a discount on pre-ordering, and threw in a 10% off all items blah blah blah. Hey. I'm happy. I heard the album I won't be able to get my hands on for another 3 weeks AND got a really cute bag for 10% off. Beat that.

I want to know what people think though. Are Fall Out Boy fans leaving because the sound has changed? Or was Fall Out Boy just another fad to be forgotten?
November 27th, 2008 at 05:48am