So, uh, I'm starting a band...anyone have tips?

Okay, I've decided to start a band. Find a few good buddies, start a band! Lol, but Brad Paisley isn't my point. I need help!!! Oh, god that sounded desperate... Okay, I'm desperate for some help with this band. I want it to go places, and get big. I've found my light, and I'm ready to shine! I have a singer and a bassist...both of which would be me... O.o Sad, I know. But none of my friends are talented. I also play guitar, but I can't do all three, now can I? I want it to have like an acid rock sound. Kind of like if Evanessance and My Chemical Romance had a baby. And Paramore were the godparents. That sounds badass, I know. Trust me, what I've done so far, rules. I have lyrics, music, and the voice. All I need is a decent drummer and guitarist. And a name... How can I find members for the band? Put up flyers? Ask around? How do I get gigs for the band? I have tons of questions!!! I would be forever grateful to anyone who can help!!!

And please vote on which name you think is best for my band:

I Wear This on my Sleeve
It's the End of the World
Knife to the Gunfight
Masquerade Massacre
One More Time
Unicorns and Rainbows
Rawr!

I really want it to be Rawr! But some of my friends liked Masquerade Massacre... It would mean the world to me if you could answer my questions, or vote, or anything!
July 20th, 2009 at 06:13am