School Bombings/Shootings

In my city, there was almost a school bombing at one of the high schools.
I was reading the article in the newspaper a few minutes ago and two thoughts came to my mind: "How did he think of this?" and "My best friend goes there."

I can't stop thinking "What if?"
What if it actually happened?
What if he would have gone through with it before the cops got him for the pipe bombs and Malatov Cocktails in his house?
What if my friend would have been there when he did it?

She's my best friend, and I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her, I really don't.
I live in Virginia, and my city's only a few hours from VA Tech.
I had teachers crying and panicking because their sons or daughters were there.
I keep thinking back to that day, and I keep thinking about the same thing happening just those few months ago while my friend was just going to school.

My mind's on a memory and "What if?" rampage right now.
So, really, I can't write anything slightly comprehendable.
But I want to know if any of you guys have ever been through the same situation, or if you know someone who has.
Your stories/memories are welcomed. They may calm me down a bit. (:
Thanks for reading this, as well.
July 21st, 2009 at 06:34pm